Part 1

"Hey! Here's your share" said the raccoon as he lugged a block of cash at me before standing up and facing towards me. "We make a pretty good team", ryan continue with a smile.

Catching the money as it falls from hitting me in the chest, "thanks" i reply with softly, running my paw through the notes of the rolled up cash before stuffing it in my back pocket.

Walking over to ryan i hold out my p226 pistol that was given to me for the job, "i wont be needing this anymore, i was only in it for the money." I say as Ryan grabs the gun from me tucking it into his pants.

"You know, the boss is gonna want you back. You cant just leave like that" he announces firmly as his smile fades from his face as i walk away.

"I know, but i can try" placing a paw over the pocket feeling the money, stepping over a body and looking at the broken mirror.

Staring at my self in the shards probably makes me look like a broken fur, but to me i was broken from the beginning, i didn't have a choice. Seeing the defining line of my brown and white fur seperate me from my two halves accompanied by my silver hair almost make's me look like i'm worth something. Something I'm not. To me, I'm just a dog to do the dirty work.

Turning away and walking out the door of the Chinese noodle shop i continue home through the rain. Walking through the crowded streets and umbrellas meant to keep the rain off but having no affect, i watch the unfamiliar furs avoid me like i'm about to cause trouble.

Walking up the steps of my one bedroom apartment i pull out my keys walking into the small lobby area and to the room at the back on the left, room 2. Opening the do i hear the patter of paws as my brother comes around the corner pulling me into a hug with a big smile. He then steps back as he wipes my face causing me to ounce. "I guess you hurt yourself at work" he says only getting a slight nod from me as i feel the cut on my face.

"Better get me patched up the Doc" i say with a slight chuckle as he disappears to the bath room coming back with the first aid kit. Rustling his hair as i sit down, "So whats first?"

My little brother who you wouldn't known was related to me if it wasn't for the fact that he had the same deep brown fur and lived in the same apartment. He rummaged through the kit grabbing out some antiseptic wipes and a bandaid. "First you wipe out the wound with this." He recited from me teaching him, "so it gets rid of any bad bacteria, before applying things." He continued as he applied the bandaid.

"All better" i say with a smile, pulling him into a hug. "Thanks Doc." Releasing him i stand up from my seat. "Still dream of being a doctor?" I ask, only to get a simple nod with a smile back. "Good, dont give up on your dreams." I tell him wisely as Doc packs away the first aid kit.

Dont give up on your dreams echoed through my mind. 'To bad i cant take my own advice, guess thats what makes me wise.' Thinking to myself

Doc came back into the living room, "foods in the fridge, since you came home late it went cold." He said before trotting of to his room. I got up putting the pasta bake filled bowl in the microwave quickly heating it, after it beep i quickly at it.

'Who would wonder, a kid of such talent would be stuck with a brother like me.' I thought as i filled my mouth with food.

After dinner i crept into our shared room, making sure to keep quite and to not wake doc. I lift the mattress hiding the role of money underneath it before quickly climbing into bed. I laid there with nothing on my mind slowly drifting to a sudden halt.