Dialogue

Enter Tristan into Counsellor office.

Counsellor: Welcome, Tristan.

Tristan: It's not like I had a choose.

Counsellor: Anyway, welcome. I'm going to start off with questions, okay?

Tristan: Yeah, sure.

Counsellor: Great. How do you like school?

Tristan: I can tell you anything and you won't tell anyone?

Counsellor: Use, everything that you say here. I only have to tell someone if I think you're going to hurt yourself or someone else.

Tristan: School's hell. Simple as that.

Counsellor: Do you want to elaborate?

Tristan: Not really. I think you can guess what's going on.

Counsellor: I would like it better if you would tell me.

Tristan: You know, the kids are hard to deal with. Everyone hates me.

Counsellor: What about your dad and his girlfriend?

Tristan: They have been fighting. That's normal.

Counsellor: How do you feel when they are fighting?

Tristan: I don't know. I feel like sometimes....

Counsellor: Sometimes what?

Tristan: You won't tell them?

Counsellor: I haven't told them anything, have I?

Tristan: No, not yet.

Counsellor: I won't.

Tristan: I feel like it is my fault, sometimes. Like if I wasn't here anymore everyone's problems would go away.

Counsellor: Have you been thinking about suicide, Tristan?

Tristan: No, not right now. I just feel pathic. I cried the other day when they were fighting and my little brother was comforting me. That should have been me comforting him, not the other way around.

Counsellor: Well, sometimes when we help other people, we also help ourselves. So, when he was telling you these things, maybe he was helping himself.

Tristan: That could be true...

Counsellor: Anything else? Have you been cutting?

Tristan: No.

Counsellor: Are you sure, you said that pretty fast.

Tristan: I haven't been cutting or anything like that.

Counsellor: I can't force you to say anything. It's fine if you are. We have made progress since the first time we say each other.

Tristan: Yeah, we have.

Counsellor: This is good. How're your grades and all that?

Tristan: They have been good. I just aced my math test.

Counsellor: That's good, Tristan. Taking it back to home life. Has anyone been physical with you?

Tristan: No, things have been good.

Counsellor: What about you? Have you been doing anything that hurts you or someone else?

Tristan: I haven't hit anyone. I almost did but stopped myself.

Counsellor: That's great. How did it feel?

Tristan: Pretty good. It was nice not having to pick up the pieces afterwards.

Counsellor: That's very good. How about yourself? You didn't mention that.

Tristan: Like I said, I haven't been hurting myself.

Counsellor: Have you been eating? How about sleeping? You look a bit tired.

Tristan: I've been having some sleep problems. Sometimes I wake up and it's only midnight.

Counsellor: Have you been-

Tristan: Yeah, I have been doing the things to help me fall back to sleep. But they don't always work.

Counsellor: How about eating?

Tristan: You know I don't eat lunch.

Counsellor: I know that. But what about breakfast? And a snack when you get home. We had a plan figured out. Have you been following it?

Tristan: Yeah, most days I eat when I get home. Sometimes a bring a snack to eat at school. I don't usually eat breakfast, though.

Counsellor: Try to stick to the plan. It is very important to, Tristan.

Tristan: Yeah, I know. I'll try.

Counsellor: Thank you. Anything?

Tristan: Nope.

Counsellor: Please, Tristan, if there's anything about cutting or anything like that, please tell me.

Tristan: Yeah, I will. 'Till next time.

Counsellor: Yes, until next time.

Exit Tristan from Counsellor office.

I'm not sure how this one was. I hope everything is making sense. Comment, share, vote.