14.

C H R I S T I N E

Ryan parked in the driveway of Mathew's mansion and he jogged to open the door for me. I thanked him and followed Mathew to the front door.

As soon as we entered, we hanged our coats and Mathew took off his shoes. We walked to the living room silently. Mathew plopped on the couch and I did the same.

"So...what do you want to do?" He asked.

"How about inviting Max and Jennifer over?" I asked with a smile on my face.

"Yeah, why not?" I was doing the four of us a favor. We're bored and Jennifer needs a break from her siblings. Maybe she could call a babysitter or something.

Mathew dialed Max and we waited for him to answer. As soon as he did, Mathew opened the speaker.

"Hey, Man!" Max's voice answered.

"Hello, Max. Can you come over tonight? Christine is here and we're inviting her friend over." Mathew said.

"Jenny? I mean Jennifer" Mathew rolled his eyes at his friend but answered with a yes.

"Okay...I'm coming" Max replied and hanged up.

"There's definitely something going on between those two" I muttered.

I dialed Jennifer as well and invited her over. She protested at first but when she heard that Max is coming she gave in.

I excused myself and decided to make some snacks for tonight. I made popcorn and I fried some nuggets and potatoes. I set them on the kitchen table, I put next to them a small plate of ketchup and mayonnaise. I love mayonnaise, kinda obsessed to be honest.

I washed my hands and went back to the living room. I found Mathew laying down on the couch with closed eyes and I assumed he was sleeping. I went over to the small cupboard next to the book shelf and got him a blanket. I laid it on top of him and smiled a little at him.

He looked relaxed -like nothing in this world could disturb him. The usually hard expression was gone as well as the exhausted one. His features soften and he looked adorable. I decided to take a seat on the armchair next to him. I lowered down the volume of the TV and laid my head back on the chair. Slowly I being to fall asleep myself.

After I don't how long, someone knocked on the door. I quickly got up and glanced for a second at Mathew to find him fast asleep. I jogged to the door and opened it. I smiled as soon as I saw Max.

"Max! Come in" I stepped aside.

"Hey, how are you doing?" He grinned.

"Good and you?" I asked with a smile on my face.

"Good" He hanged his coat and went to the living room.

He shook his head slightly when he saw Mathew asleep. We decided to go to the kitchen so we wouldn't wake him up.

"He tire himself too much" He sighed and I nodded.

"I have noticed." I frowned a little.

"He hasn't taken a vacation for almost two years. He is going to kill himself with all the paperwork he does." He said and I frowned, I have heard his an workaholic but I never thought that it was true.

"But work is the only thing that keeps him sane." He added.

"Anyway...how about we wake him up?" He smirked and I chuckled. I loved how he could change a deep conversation into a causal one. I wish I had this ability. It would help when I talk about my mom.

"With water?" I smirked.

"That's why we are friends." I smiled. The word friends warmed my heart. I hadn't  made friends in awhile.

Max filled a plastic bottle with water and we headed to the living room. We stood over Mathew and he spilled the whole bottle on his face.

Mathew opened his eyes quickly and gasped as the water hit his face.

"What the...?" He said in disbelief.

"Max!!" He shouted and glanced at him.

"Fück you, man!!" He said as he got up and ran his hand through his wet hair.

I was standing behind Max the whole time laughing my bottom off.

"You should have seen your face!" Max's eyes stared tearing up from how much he laughed.

"Oh..you both are gonna get" He glanced at both of us and I chuckled. I noticed the smile he had when he went up to change his clothes.

"If I lose my job, I'll blame you." I said to Max and I shrugged my shoulders.

"Hey!! It was your idea to wake him up with water." Max defended himself and I giggled.

"Her idea huh?!" I heard Mathew's voice behind me and I gulped.

"Totally" Max smirked and I glanced at him while he shrugged.

Mathew's hands reached for my waist and he started tickling me, I inhaled deeply and tried to get away from his grip. I laughed as I ran outside the living room to the kitchen with Mathew hot on my heels.

I came to a dead end when there were nowhere to go but into the walls. I rested my back on the wall and gulped when Mathew smirked. He rested his hands next to my face on the wall. Our bodies were kind of pressed against each other and his face was close to mine, I could see a light beard forming on his chin.

Suddenly the humor from the situation disappeared and replaced it mixed feelings. Mathew leaned forward and he titled his head to the side slightly. I leaned in as well and stared at his lips for a second. It was pink and full. All I wanted to do at that moment was to kiss the life out of him. His scent draw me in and I caved.

Our lips almost touched when I heard someone clear their throat.

Not again!!

Mathew pulled away quickly and turned his back to me and looked at who was it.

I blushed when I saw Jennifer and Max smirking. When did she even get here?!

Oh god...I'm never gonna hear the end of it.