p r o l o g u e

Bad people come in all shapes and sizes: family, friends...lovers.
_______________

♕Wednesday, 27th August 2011♕

Wednesday, 27th August 2011

Every inch of my being was screaming to pick up that knife and slit both their throats but morals stood in my way—as they always did. Before me was the most heart breaking scene one could picture. It was every lover's nightmare: coming home to find their significant other mid-intercourse with another. Most would have made a scene but me? No. I couldn't move, I can barely breathe. All I could muster was tears and the worst part was, neither had noticed my presence.

Both were lost in the moment; tainting our kitchen with adultery.

Too distracted by their own desires until there was a gasp. The girl atop our kitchen table, a gift from his mother, looks me dead in the eye.

She was ebony, beautiful as anything. Sweat catching the baby hairs of her hairline, one could only assume this wasn't the first round. Her brown eyes that once sparkled with lust shrouded with remorse and regret. Yet I couldn't hate her. I couldn't bring myself to. It wasn't her fault, it was the devil who enticed her.

He himself turns around, in all his glory. Not to mention a suitable target but I couldn't bring myself to touch him. He was scum—the lowest of low. Our eyes met, all he could do was sigh and run a hand through his hair. An apology nor excuse was uttered, not even attempted. That's what broke me more, that's what persuaded the tears to flow. Past him, her entity blurred by tears but I could visualise her scrambling for her clothes. He himself reaching for his underwear.

"I'm so-"

I raise a hand, silencing the girl. "Don't be. Have him." I drew in a shaky breath, feigning strength. "I want you to move your shit outta the house by tomorrow...leave the keys under the door mat...anything you don't take by tomorrow will be thrown away. And this...?" I extract our engagement ring. A token of our love yet it meant nothing. Did it pain me to remove such a precious item that represents our amity? Yes. It broke my heart. But I threw it at him, the clinks of metal bouncing off the hard surface vibrates within the silence. "I don't want it anymore. We're done, coño."

Sunday, 31st July 2011

Day in, day out, four days had passed. Each day, the regret; sorrow; sadness, only intensified. My heart shamefully still longed for him yet my brain forbid it. It talked me out of simply calling him and apologising...for his mistake. It forced the memories to regurgitate, forcing myself to recall such events. Yet, nothing physical hindered the ability to message him in fact, it was just my dignity that was keeping me headstrong. But my heart, yes my heart, the most fragile aspect in this whole ordeal. Broken is an understatement. It had been ripped apart instead of shattered; crippled in the matter of seconds and for what? A broken engagement.