Chapter 1

One year later

(Misty's POV)

"We all knew Josh in different ways, for example, he was my best friend's sister's best friend. But no matter how well we knew him we still wish there was more me could've learned about him, done with him, and above all more we could've done to save him. I wish I couldve thrown a boulder insted of just a rock, or stop the van insted of just screaming, or take Josh somewhere safe insted of just telling him to run. It's been a year and there's still more we wish we could've done for Josh Hammilton" I said. I was the last speaker at the memorial service since I was the last persin to see him,

"Great job Misty" whispered my best friend, Hannah. The car ride to Hannah and Annika's house was quiet. We were all going over there for a dinner to remember Josh. I didn't really know him, but I had a huge crush on him. The only day I ever really talked to him was the day that he was kidnapped. I remember the newspaper headlines: 14 year old skateboarder kidnapped. They were next to headlines like "14 year old James Larson breaks record. I had countless interviews, but no one could find Josh.

We got to Hannah's and everyone got ready to eat while I stepped outside to the memorial wall. I wanted to post an anonymous poem about Josh. A singe tear rolled down my cheek for the boy who would never even get the chance to notice me.

(Josh's POV)

My eyes flickered open. I was out on a street I thought I knew. Some basic memories flooded my head. The last memories were on this street. There was a girl. She had blue eyes, and curly blonde hair. She was tall for her age and insanely beautiful. Yet, I didn't know her name. All of the sudden, I remembered Annika. She had something to do with Annika. I remembered where Annika's house was. I was sore and injured all over. I was tired but I walked anyway. On the way, I remembered my name is Josh Hammilton. I have friends named Kyle, James, and Annika. I am fifteen. I am a skateboarder. Lastly, I knew that girl had answers, but I also wanted to embrace her. Wrap my arms around her and tell her I'm okay because the last thing I remember is her scream.

Sorry it's so short! More coming soon!