Cocky Conversations.

I stared at the numbers in horror, blinking rapidly.

Was this a joke or something?

Apart from Aaron, no guy had taken an interest. Not one.

The horror turned into bewilderment, when had this 'Alex' gotten close enough to her to put the number in her bag to begin with? Why hadn't he just spoken to her?

This wasn't an area I was familiar with, so I wandered out of her room and back into the lilac hallway, with a cup of tea in my right hand and the paper in my left hand, keeping it as far away from my body as possible. This is a foreign object that I really wasn't confiden or comfortable to be in. I'd accepted my fate that I was going to die alone surrounded by cats that would eventually eat my body. I had my life planned out, I'd already accepted my miserable fate 

I found her sister curled up in the living room under a blanket with her phone in her hand.

"I need boy advice" Was all I said and she perked up, snatching the number from my hand and looking excitedly at me. Something told me she'd been waiting a while for this, as she never liked Aaron, even when we were growing up. Her grey eyes filled with what could only be described as childish excitement.

As she was 4 years older, at 22, she had had a lot more experience with guys then me so she was naturally my go to with this.

"Text him", She sing-songed, with a wicked grin on her face "Or I will."

A groan fell from my lips as I searched my pockets for my phone. I took far too long to actually get it, considering I knew exactly were it was. Everything went in to it's allocated pockets, and I rarely lost anything.. unless it was in my bedroom, but that was a different can of woms completely.

After much mental debate, I punched the numbers into my phone and stared at the screen for a second. I had no idea what to put to this random guy. I barely knew what to say to people I'd known for years, let alone a guy I had no idea who he was, or what he looked like.

After a minute or so of observong me with a pityful expression, Anna leaned over and grabbed my phone with a cheeky smile on her face and began typing rapidly. We soon began to scramble to get the phone, both stopping at the sound of a text being sent. We both froze and stared at the phone which was held just out of my reach in Anna's hand.

My heart was racing as I saw the text. Autocorrect would be the death of me and gave Anna the evil eye and it followed her out of the room. Typical of her, get me into trouble and leave me in the mess.

I nursed my tea, a small grin on my face at the reply I got. At least this guy had a good sense of humour.

My phone was thrown across the sofa as I stared at it

How did he know my name?
How did he know me?
How did he know me?
How did he know me?

My hands began to shake and I felt the demon anxiety begin to drag me into it's deep dark corner. It began to be harder to breathe, I'm sure I looked like a goldfish, gasping for breath. It was a silly thing to get anxious over, let alone have a panic attack but I liked my security, not many people paid attention to me. I was the quiet girl in the corner with her head stuck in a book and-

My heart began to slow down, he must have been in the coffee shop when I exploded, must have overhead Aaron saying my name. I tried to jog my memory to remember if any guys were even paying attention.

My phone dinged again.

Ah, the the mysterious Alex

Oh hell no.

I know of my brother friend's. They are the typical bad boys who girls like me do not want to get involved in. I'd prefer to keep my dignity, and I refused to be used as a sex doll, or even worse, the joke of the friendship group.

I was the joke of my year, the girl who turned guys gay. Guys didn't come near me, the girls laughing at me. My brother's friend's knew about this, so why were one of them trying to contact me.

My mind was working at 10000 miles per hour. I came up with 2 conclusions; his guy was new around the area and didn't know about me, or that I was about to be become yet another joke.

The latter seemed more likely. I locked my phone, leaving it on the living room table and taking my now lukewarm tea into my room to tackle the last 500 pages of the book I was assigned for English...