Prologue

"SHE'S MINE," HE GROWLED, "AND SHE WILL ALWAYS BE."

"Excuse me?" I asked. "You don't own me!"

"Oh, but I do..." He smirked.

I frowned at him. "What the heck is wrong with you? So what if I'm part wolf and part human? So what if I'm your mate? I don't care! I hate you!" I screamed at him.

"Woah, woah. Mates, chill. You can just fight later. But right now, I want business. Either that girl's mine, or she dies." Stepped in Caleb, raising his hands up in a surrender motion.

"That was not the deal, Caleb! You said, "give me a girl," you did not say, "I want your mate!" Why do you want my beautiful mate anyway?" Said Adrian. As soon as he said that, I started blushing. I was glad that the dark hid my red cheeks.

"Aw, look! The Luna's blushing." Said Caleb in a teasing way.

I mentally cursed myself for forgetting they were wolves.

"I am not the Luna, and never will be!" I exclaimed, lashing out at him. Jen had to hold me back before I could sucker punch him.

"You know what? We'll settle this our way. If I win, you never cross us again, and if I lose, my mate's yours. Deal?" Asked Adrian.

"Deal." Grinned Caleb.

I wanted to scream out, no! You can't do this! But my tongue was like iron. It wouldn't budge.

They both shifted into their wolf forms. Adrian's wolf looked beautiful, and Caleb's wolf looked very ragged.

As Caleb lunged on Adrian, I cowered behind Jen. I was scared; scared for Adrian. I never realised that this would happen in my whole lifetime, but the feeling was mutual. It was Love. I felt scared for my mate, I felt angry at Caleb for bringing us into this situation.

I'd already lost John, I don't want to lose Adrian.