10 · The Green-Eyed Mystery

Start from the beginning

After we took another photo, Joshua straightened himself out and released a sigh. "Are we done?" 

When I checked the photo preview, Joshua was really good when it came to making a solemn face. The expression worked well, but it seemed like that was the only expression he knew what to do. Or, what he wanted to do.  

Even though I knew I was going to regret this later, I decided to boost Joshua's ego up by challenging him.  

Placing the camera down, I shook my head. "You know, I thought you'd be more… photogenic since you think so highly of yourself." 

Joshua's dark eyebrows rose up. "Excuse me?" 

"I'm just not getting the right outcome with these pictures." 

"That's your own damn fault then. There's nothing wrong with me." 

Mikaela must have read my mind because as she was looking at the photos from my camera, she claimed, "You're doing the same expression in every photo!" 

Joshua stated in his defense, "That's because Olivia over here is being so helpful. I don't do these kinds of things." 

"Well, when I tell you to do something, you just look at me like you have something stuck up your ass," I argued back. 

Noticing that Joshua had gritted his teeth together from afar, he then threw a glare at me.  

In a few seconds, I predicted Joshua Anderson was going to give in. 

And, I was right. 

"Fine. I'll listen, and I'll show you both that I am photogenic," Joshua spat out. 

Lifting my shoulders up, I provoked, "Bring it on." 

As time passed, the tables turned, and I ended up being wrong. 

Joshua was probably holding back the entire time.  

Every time Joshua changed his expression for the photo, I caught Mikaela nearly experiencing a heart attack as I took photos of him. There was something I noticed with people whenever I took photos. When I did senior portraits for some of my classmates, there were a lot who had to try extra hard, and there were the selected few who were naturally good.  

One who was naturally good, my friends, was Joshua Anderson.

When we told Joshua to smile, he smiled. It wasn't just any kind of smile though, it was the kind of smile he genuinely meant. When we told him to stand a certain way, he did it effortlessly. At the same time, I was frustrated because of his stubborn tactics earlier.  

Then again, this was Joshua.  

We both gave each other a hard time just for the fun of it.  

Once I felt satisfied with outcome, I shut my camera off. "Okay, that's great. Thanks guys." 

The satisfied glint in Joshua's eyes didn't fail to disappear as Mikaela clapped her hands from the success of today. I had to give it to Joshua. When I go over the photos later today, I was sure I could find some solid photos to add onto my portfolio.  

As I was gathering up my stuff to place back into the car, Joshua came up from behind. "What was that about not being photogenic?" 

My whole body shook that I nearly dropped my photography bag. When I flipped around, Joshua had an amused expression on his face which expressed that he wasn't going to let this down.  

Let the regretful thoughts begin.  

However, I gave Joshua some credit because he held onto his word. "Okay, I was wrong. Thank you, Mr. Photogenic."