Part 2

Owe you one

The off white dress made her nauseous; it was a wedding dress but it looked like it was made from the same material as little kid's princess costume. It was a mix of velvety silk that was far too long for her height, the waste was made of lace and ribbon. Why did she try this one on?

"It looked interesting on the manikin."

"This dress has enough fabric for a three ring circus." Charlotte groaned.

Lily laughed, "I agree. How'd you get here on such perfect timing? There was a major catastrophe on Lavender street."

Charlotte was honest, she made sure to have a teasing expression as she casually looked at dresses. "Borrowed a time machine."

She laughed and picked a mermaid style dress, a poofy (a/n it's a word now) gown with no sleeves, and a bedazzled dress with a sweetheart neckline. She wasn't too terribly in love with either of these dresses.

Charlotte sighed...what was she getting herself into? Alex was a good choice...a safe one, but he was too demanding; she'd be lying if she didn't admit she felt threatened. He had almost hit her once during a bad argument. Alex also had a fondness for drinking.

It had been about two hours of searching.

"Lottie," her friend called. "I like this one."

"Me too."

I had a slight train but it wasn't too long, it was vintage with fitted lace but flared out. (Picture above)

"I love it."

Charlotte put on the lovely dress.

"Lottie, I got a work call. I need to go, we'll continue tomorrow." Lily called to her friend.

"Alright, see you later." Charlotte replied still studying the way the dress looked on her.

Lily left the room and she moved to get one of the employees to unbutton the dress; then she was stopped, her dress was caught on the bench.

"Ugh.." she sighed before tugging. "I can't believe I let Lily talk me into a train." (If you get this reference I love you) She pulled and pulled but no use, if she tried any harder it would rip, and these dresses aren't cheap.

"That's fine, I'll just call Lily she's probably only a block away." Charlotte said trying to be positive. She picked up her pink phone and she dropped it. Charlotte sighed before turning to pick up her phone but as she turned her dress pushed her phone out of reach. "Great."

Then the lights went out, the store closed for lunch for an hour.

After ten minutes of trying to get attention failed as she gave up she heard someone looking around frantically. How'd they get in...robbers?

She bent down and saw a familiar pair of sand shoes. Was it the Doctor?

"Excuse me," she called!

The voice sounded confused, "Charlotte?"

It was the Doctor. "Yes! It's me!"

"You need to get out of here as soon as possible." The Doctor's voice was urgent.

Charlotte let out a deep breath, "I would but I'm having a bit of complication."