2

Lunas Pov

I woke up the next morning, eager to go into the city. I washed up and put on my best clothes. I went downstairs and helped father load the cart up with our best fruits and vegetables. I grabbed the filled cartons of eggs & bottles of milk and placed them inside the cart, and shut the door to keep them cool.

"Ready?" I asked.

"Yes. let me just lock up the house and we can go." He smiled.

I started pulling the cart down the path without him, it wasn't even that heavy.

"Luna wait up!!" He called after me running to catch up.

I giggled.

"You really are eager huh?" he laughed, grabbing the other side of the cart and helping me pull it.

"Yeah!" I smiled.

After walking for about 20 minutes we arrived at the front gates. My father greeted the guard's and they let us right in, Everyone knows my father Sora Ishihara. He's known for his farming and medicine skills throughout the kingdom.

We set our cart up and sat down, ready for customers.

At first business was slow, so I pulled out my sketch book. I started doodling the buildings around me.

After about an hour or two, the customers started leaving in what seemed like a hurry.

I looked at my father and sighed.

"Where is everyone going?" I asked.

"I'm not too sure." he replied.

We sat in silence for another ten minutes or so until we heard a loud crash coming from two or three blocks over.

I looked up and saw a tall red.. Blob.. I guess you could call it.

I started the sketch what I could see until another crash sent dust flying through the air. and I couldn't see anything at all.

I heard the sounds of people screaming, bloody screams filled with pain.

My father grabbed my arm and pulled me in the opposite direction.

"RUN LUNA, RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN." He Screamed.

So I did.

I ran with my eyes closed in the direction he had pulled me. I couldn't see a thing, the dust clouds where so thick, everyone around me was coughing..

Where did these people even come from? I wondered.

I opened my eyes finally, to see the dust had settled some.

I looked next to me expecting to see my father, but he wasn't there.. I looked all around me. He was nowhere to be seen.

"FATHER!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

Another crash landed right behind me, and the impact knocked me to my knees.

This is it.. I just turned 18 and I'm going to die..

I looked up, and there was a monster staring me right in the face.

it Roared a demonic growl and began reaching for me.

I slid myself backwards and avoided his fingers. I got back up and sprinted down a side alley.

I have to find my Father! I cried. I cant lose him too..

I kept running as fast as I could but the monster trailed me, very closely.

"SOMEBODY HELP ME!" I screamed.

I rounded the corner, and to my worst fears, there was another red monster.

I took a sharp left to avoid the second one but I slipped and fell. My Knee was pouring blood from the fall, and but I still dragged myself a few more feet before I felt his burning hot fingers grab me and rip me off the ground.

"LET GO OF ME YOU MONSTER!" I screamed.

It lifted me up and stared at me. I stared right back, through my tears I saw what looked like the body of a human lodged into the monsters chest. It made eye contact with me and looked enraged.

It started squeezing me. I screamed at the top of my lungs once more before I felt my ribs crack and only blood came out.

My vision faded from blurry to black to blurry to black.

This is it...... I'm going to die......