The Destination Finalised!

"Is this necessary now." Sitara dropped me a text on WhatsApp. But, by that time I already decided that I should go on a trip at any cost. I completed my first semester exams of my post-graduation, and I am badly craving to begin a journey to some part of India. It's the first week of New Year, and my sixth sense is always telling me that some new beginnings are ready to surprise me! So, I texted her, "Idiot! You ditched me again at the last minute, but you can't stop me from going." She laughed and wrote, "It's my bae's birthday on Friday. Sorry!" and before I could reply to the text, a new message read, "Take care Idiot! Happy Journey." I sent a mandatory smiley and started concentrating on packing up my things.

Sitara is one of my very few close friends with whom I can share anything. She is more responsible than me (at least I feel), and she needs to be there for her guy's birthday, and I would also expect the same if I am in her boy friend's position.

From the past six months, I have been working without any break! I write for an online film news portal in the mornings, and I would attend college in the afternoon. I'm a Journalist in the making. I am working on few short film scripts, and this job usually happens during the midnights. It's hectic. I am planning to go off to some place in search of something which is nothing at this point. As I believe in destiny, I am hoping that some magic will happen. But I did not expect that this will be my first ever solo trip! When I told this to few of my friends, they asked me questions like, "Is it a solo tour? Oh, Why?", "Oh man! How can that even work? You will be bored. Drop off the plan!"

But I decided. I should go. I am going. "But where?" I heard my mind voice. Yes, the destination was not fixed yet, and I planned to start the journey tomorrow. I instantly opened my laptop. I opened maps and started searching for places. I am not sure where to head. North? South? North East? North West? There are plenty of options in front of me, but due to the reason unknown, I am not able to get interested in visiting any of the places I wanted to at least once in my lifetime. "Kerala," I told myself. I had already been to this state last year, but I wanted to go to Kerala again! Maybe, Kerala must be the only place I can enjoy my loneliness. Without any second thought dominating my latest decision, I opened to check the availability of train reservations to Kochi from Hyderabad.

I am very late, and there are no reservations available. Immediately, I took my phone into hand and texted Sitara to inform the same. "Pondicherry" came from her. "What?" I asked. "Go to Pondicherry first and then go to Kochi," she replied. I found it interesting and hated myself a second for not asking her the same before itself which could have saved my time. I immediately checked for the reservations and booked a ticket to Chennai. Now, it's Hyderabad to Chennai, Chennai to Pondicherry and then Pondicherry to Kochi.