||03||

Lush life, Rush life
Tahlia

She stepped out of the bus, holding her camera steady as she jumped out.

New York. She was in the Big Apple all on her own and she felt giddy. She'd always wanted to travel, all alone. Backpacking across the country with little cash and her trusty camera. Granted, she would've liked to leave on her own terms with the support of her rich parents. She'd graduated high school with straight A's and got in to Cambridge, so why couldn't she have the summer to let herself go?

"No." Dad said that word a lot and she almost never had to hear it because of how well-behaved and prudish she was but things were changing.

It was never too late to be a rebelling teenager.

She had travelled all the way from New Mexico all on her own with little to no cash and her friendly smile. She had never had more fun in her life, ever. Her whole #YOLO moves hadn't backfired till now and she knew that her parents could probably reach New York in a jiffy with their family chopper but Tahlia was here, on her own.

"Hey, do you happen to know where I can-" She began, smiling widely as she approached a guy, smoking in the corner of the entrance to the subway.

"Fuck off." He murmured as he moved away.

Oh. Wow. Talk about friendly New Yorkers. Tahlia thought as she walked onwards. She had been warned that New Yorkers were fun and they really knew how to party so she wasn't going to let one rude guy ruin the whole ordeal for her.

Her stomach grumbled and Tahlia rummaged through her bag and noticed she still had 150$ from her allotted money to spend in New York.  Oh well, Big Mac, here I come.

Biting into her Big Mac and fries on the side, she glanced at her messages.

Mom: That was not cool at all, Tally. Not cool at all. I hope you know how upset Daddy is.

A wave of guilt coursed through her veins. She really wished dad had said "yes" instead then she wouldn't have had to run away. She wondered if she she should reply back to her mother but decided against it. She didn't want dad to rain in on her parade. Besides, she was having a blast.

Until you run out of cash. A thought unbidden came to her mind. Oh well, she'll worry about that when the time comes but now she still had a little over a hundred dollars and a Big Mac (with fries!) and the large American world to enjoy.

She didn't think about her parents as she smiled like a lunatic because for once, she was truly happy.