The Pangaea Protocol Part 2

"Pangaea was thought to be around 250 to 300 million years ago. It was surrounded by one ocean, and contained what we now know to be North America, Europe, Africa, South America, Antarctica, India and Australia. Earth's crust moves continuously, so eventually everything split into what we now know. Or should I say, knew?"

"Any thoughts on what comes next once we land? Who or what lives on Pangaea?" Will was dying to move forward. The man must have relished change. I know I did. I lived for it.

"Get our bags I guess," and I headed for my cabin. "Meet back here. We may have to build a raft to get to shore."

If the ship moved away from the coastline, we were preparing, but the tides appeared to drag us to shore and the liner hung up on a shallow sand bar just off the coastline. Will had removed a canoe from the ceiling it was decorating, and we lowered it into the water. We slid down a long rope and boarded our tiny vessel. Reality set in. The ship was familiar, but our future here? I was impressed by the level of courage displayed by my two shipmates. And the ingenuity.

We tied the canoe inland and grabbed our packs. There was only one way to go: through the bush to look for the city Will saw. Although some of the flora was different, a great deal of it was the same as 2017. Grass varieties were familiar, and as we moved through scattered forest, the trees were recognizable. It was the ferns that struck me. They were long and lustrous, and emitted a heavenly perfume. My nostrils were adjusting when a pack of something wild and heavy in the bush was heading straight for us. We jumped into a small prickly thicket out of sight.

A band of horses rocketed past. They were incredibly athletic and taller than I had ever seen. I suddenly remembered I left eight behind, and for a moment I was shaken by a loss I had yet to rationalize. When you are thrown into a situation as absurd as this, you lose sense of the past quickly. Survival instinct has its mechanisms.

"We must be forward in time," said Will.

Madeleine shook her head. "I have no idea now." Her mouth stayed open.

We moved out of the bush into the clearing where we could watch for the unusual. The air was warmer but the aroma reminded me of Canada. We were constantly stopping to pick something up and examine it. Until my spider senses kicked in.

Advancing toward us in the distance were several shapes, humans, or so we hoped. They appeared taller than us as they grew closer. Much taller. No, wait. Several feet taller.

A feeling of anticipation and fear enveloped us. They approached boldly, smiling with a resonance no words could describe. Their skin was lucent, and their physiques highly muscular and lean, like Will only exaggerated. Their hair was straight and fine, with faces like Norwegian models. A female came forward.

My first intuition was to bow. She was harmonic, and what would have been a Queen in our reference. I went to speak when I heard her first, not to the group, but to me, through me.

"We sense no fear from you, and we want you all to know there is no reason to be afraid. Our intentions are pure. You have gone through a period of upheaval, and will need to rest soon. My name is Atlanti, and only I speak your language, but soon we all will be able to communicate with you. It is possible that you may be one of the few that can hear us. You may have to interpret."

"Why are we here?" My mind had a million questions.

"As we walk I will explain what you need to know. I understand you are full of questions." She spoke of her origins and culture as we followed, and the planet Searle where they came from. It was similar to Earth, only their technology empowered others, not profited. Like us, her race came from 2017, as did a large extraterrestrial Federation we were scheduled to meet. Earth seemed vital to them. I trusted the details would present themselves accordingly.

We followed into base camp and through a tunnel made of unusual metal. Will and Madeleine touched everything. Voices grew louder as we entered a room of 114 humans, all here for the same reason as we caught up on who, what, where and why.

Excitement grew over time as we began to co-create amazing structures. Others before tried but failed. Our focus was giant pyramids, larger than anything currently found in 2017. Pyramids were not tombs, they were electrical conductors for generating energy, with radioactive granite walls, dolomite wash inside, and limestone as an insulation cover. Alien ships would use this energy through millions of years. Their long range planning was impressive, but when you can skip into alternate time zones, everything is possible.

Time became irrelevant. When you have massive flying IFOs (Identified Flying Objects) that could lift thousands of pounds, pyramids and cities come together quickly. It soon became apparent why they needed us beyond our skills. We were eventually going home to bring this message to Earth. There were many machines and buildings from the past still in place in 2017 that humans could benefit from. Finding them was the key.

Will and Madeleine were uncertain of being taken seriously. They already witnessed the harassment I received from passengers on the cruise liner. The Federation was begging us to help, and we realized if Earth was to survive, we had to risk looking foolish. We all journaled our story, and made plans to take it public. Who could dispute 117 humans from all over the planet, suddenly announcing this experience at the same time, same day? And high above, cloaked and waiting patiently, would be dozens of space ships from Searle and neighboring Federations, praying for our victory. But, this was Earth after all.

How I would speak of matriarchal Queens, the moon landings, their technology? They must think of us as brainless infants. Serlean's had a manner of functioning with precision, grace and a unifying collective conscious. Each civilization and culture was advanced light years beyond what any ordinary human could conceive. I am pretty intelligent, but my mind couldn't even touch this until now.

Almost one year in, with 11 pyramids and a city so grand and efficient it was indescribable, we stepped into the large hall ready to transport back to 2017. The Director of Engineering came up to us.

"One hour from now, we will be back in the same place we left. And no one will know but us." He shook his head in disbelief. "We will either be part of huge change on Earth or Searle's plan will not go as hoped."

Many of the others were less optimistic. They were unsure if the city and pyramids would stand the test of time, especially since everyone knew what Antarctica was like in 2017. This was millions of years, not hundreds. The Searle's explained that Earth was a place for multiple galaxies to replenish their planets. They came often to take animals, plants and insects. Earth had to remain in balance, and they watched us continuously.

I was taken back when the Queen chimed in with a special word of thanks for what we accomplished and what will be accomplished when we return. Yet, even still, something was missing. She laughed at me.

As the Engineer walked away, I yelled out, "Love the place but how will we describe it so people will understand? Name?" I just realized I didn't even know what they called this place.

He turned. "Quite something isn't it? I thought the name was rather obvious." We looked questioningly.

"Welcome to Atlantis."