The Ties that Bind Us.

You get an update, and you get update! Updates, updates, updates!! Whoop! I'm inspired! So maybe one later tonight! Also, if you think this love triangle is happening fact and my be OOC, I am trying not to drag this out. I hate it when authors drag it out, if Disney characters can fall in love in one song than two characters can like each other in one chapter and also love each other (Jon and Astoria) in two chapters! Anyways, I'm trying to get to the War as fast as I can without being like BOOM 💥WAR. So, buckle up baby! I own nothing so enjoy 😊

Her marriage to Robb Stark would soon come to fruition, soon tomorrow she would trade in her Targeryen maiden cloak for one with the embossed image a direwolf

Her marriage to Robb Stark would soon come to fruition, soon tomorrow she would trade in her Targeryen maiden cloak for one with the embossed image a direwolf. Forever uniting her to this frozen place, and forever distancing herself from all she knew.

To be married to a man that resented her, and her family, to be in a loveless marriage like her Aunt frightened her to her very core. It shook her in unimaginable ways, but she found comfort in the eyes of her betrothed's half brother. Jon Snow had touched her soul.

So when she heard he was taking the Black, she did not know whether to be ripped at the seams or happy for him to be gone.

"You are taking the Black." Her deep violet eyes look down at the snow, and she wonders if he can feel the sadness rolling off her like waves on crashing on a sandy shore.

"I am." He says quietly as Ghost leaves his side and nuzzles his head underneath the palm of her hand.

She takes on a ghost of a smile, "One of my last relatives remains at the Wall."

She knows bringing up the aging Maester Aemon is a distraction to the words she actually wants to tell him, words that will never fall out of her lips.

"If he is anything like you than I shall find him agreeable."

"Are you sure about this?" She looks in his eyes determined to be the dragon she was born to be.

He runs a hand through his curly locks, "Are you sure about marrying my brother?"

"My duty is to him as it has always been." She looks away feeling more like a lizard than a mighty dragon.

"As mine was always to the Wall." He retorts through clinched teeth.

"Duty is a most demanding mistress." She chuckles trying to lighten the darkness they created.

"Aye."

She crouches down, turning into Ghost and away from his master, she feels the tears begin to pool in her eyes. "You are more than your last name. You will make any member of this house proud, as a son and sibling. One day, I will be able to tell my children of the deeds of their uncle, and how proud I am to call you brother."

Her words are met by a long silence, and though she thinks Jon has left, Ghost remained close to her side.

"You will find happiness here. You will encounter a love that matches the depths of your parents love, a love that makes you happy to be alive."

With those words she hears the crunching of boots on snow, and she then strokes Ghosts fur one more time before departing the Godswood.

Robb had been sparring in yard, when he decided that a walk in the glass gardens would be a refreshing change of pace

Robb had been sparring in yard, when he decided that a walk in the glass gardens would be a refreshing change of pace. He had never thought he would encounter her.

Lady Astoria is sitting on a stone bench stroking a the petals of blue winter rose, as she stares blankly ahead of her, distracted by the thought flying around in her mind.

"My lady." He quips lightly.

She shakes her head and looks up quickly, "My Lord, I am sorry if I have disturbed your time here."

Robb shakes his head, "No, it was I who disturbed your thoughts. You seemed as if you were in another world." He thinks back to the gaze on her face, and how beautiful she truly was.

She lets out a small laugh, "I suppose, I was for a moment."

The words come tumbling out of his mouth, "And what happened in that world?"

She lets out a deep breathe, "A world in which my parents were alive. It was beautiful, as beautiful as frost bitten winter roses."

"Aye, a beautiful world for a beautiful girl." And there his blasted mouth goes again.

"You think me beautiful then?" She smirks at him deviously.

"A blind man would." He laughs as he takes his place beside her on the bench.

"But, do you?" She asks again.

He looks to her blue eyes on deep violet, "I do."

"I never wanted to be known for my beauty, but for my wit." She muses as she fiddles with the rose in her lap.

Robb sighs, when he thinks something begins to take flight between them it is always shot down. "Then show me, show me who you are. And in return, I shall show you, myself."

She smiles a small smile, "Perhaps you are not as bad as you seem, Robb Stark."

He returns her smile, "And perhaps, Astoria Targeryen neither are you."

Astoria returned from her time in the glass garden, with a dreamy smile on her face

Astoria returned from her time in the glass garden, with a dreamy smile on her face. She and Robb spent hours getting to know each other, telling each other their likes and dislikes. And wondering who could beat the other during a sparring match. He even introduced her to his direwolf, Greywind. Of course, she took to him as fast as he took too her. This was not what she felt with Jon, that was love, it had to be for she never felt such a way about any man before. But, this was the start of something that perhaps could be something if she nurtured this feeling and let it grow on its own. Perhaps she mused, with a foundation built on friendship would grow to eclipse the love she felt for Jon. But, she could never unlove him, he was first.