Chapter 3

Esmeralda was in her room, getting ready for her afternoon ride, but on the inside, she was panicking.
  “Jane, what will I do?” she asked. Earlier, she had told Jane what she had overheard.
“Milady, I suggest you be friendly, and stay far enough from him that he can’t harm you.” Jane replied.
“Thank you, Jane. It is only riding after all, and with my beautiful horse underneath me, I should be fine. Wish me luck". And with that, she went out to face her fears.

.   .   .

Prince John was waiting for her at the stables. He said nothing, but bowed, and offered her his arm. Esmeralda ignored it and swept right past him. She walked over to her horse, Midnight, and rubbed her nose. “Hey, girl, how are you doing?” she softly asked her horse.  She whickered softly, and nibbled at her hair. She laughed and fed her.
Esmeralda turned and looked at the stable master and his assistants, as they had lined up in front of her. She nodded politely, and they bowed low. Inwardly, she sighed. She hated this routine, but ever since her sixteenth birthday, it had been the procedure. It was expected, especially when someone was visiting. Her horse was ready and saddled, so she got on, and rode out into the forest, and disappeared among the trees, with the prince not far behind.

A/N: Sorry for the short update....life has been pretty busy for me lately, but in the next few weeks, you can expect more.
Muito beijos!
~Hannah~