Chapter 2: They meet

Drake's P.O.V

Sometimes I don't want to steal
Sometimes I don't want to run
I want to get caught
Be punished for my sins
Pay for what I have done
Other days
My heart races of acceleration from stealing
Like it's a game
And if I get caught
I just start back at the beginning
But I know if I get caught I'm as good as gone
I'll have to say goodbye to Lizzy
Lizzy
My adopted sister
The one person I care for in the entire world
I'm sorry
But looks like I'm done for
I've been caught.

The guards stand out side the door, holding their new and improved guns, waiting to bust down the library door. Lizzy is standing in the back corner, freaking out while I'm trying to hide the crown.

"Drake! We know you have the crown! Give it up and Elizabeth won't get hurt!" Hanes yelled, banging on the door once more.

It was only five am in the morning and they already figured out it was me. Hanes finally did it, he figured out who the cards men was. He won.

"Fine I'm coming out! But on one condition!" I yelled, sighing.

"Drake what are you-"

"What is it?" Hanes asked, cutting Lizzy off.

"Lizzy is not to be placed with any charges because she had nothing to do with this." I said, walking slowly to the door. Lizzy tried to grab my shoulder, but I dodged her.

"Fine, come on out with your hands up." Hanes said.

I pushed open the doors, seeing about a dozen of guards and a cell carriage waiting to take me away.

"I've been looking for you for a long time, cards men." Hanes said, throwing my calling card, an ace of spades at me.

"You win Hanes."

-----------

2 hours before
3:00am

I couldn't sleep
This Heist was the most dangerous one
And I'm worried about being caught
I'm mostly worried about Liz though
So I'm going to stay strong for her
Until I can't anymore

I lay on the roof, laying on my back and looking up at the stars. This night in London is exceptionally beautiful and it would be a waste to not see it. Not only are the stars bright, but the constellations are quite different from this point of view. Deciding to actually do something in this bright full moon night, I jump down from my roof and run off through the empty streets. The air is chilly and the sounds of owls fill the night. This is what I want. The freedom to run around and not have people constantly telling me what to do. To be truly free from the shackles of dictatorship. This night was going to be perfect run, until three guards ruined the entire mood. I slide between two builds, not wanting to be seen after hours.

"Did you hear the announcement in the guard tower?" Guard number one asked guard numbers two and three.

"No I didn't." Number three stated, looking over at number two who shook his head in agreement.

Number one sighs in disappointment and begins to tell them what he heard right when he passes me. I freeze.

"Detective Hanes said he finally cracked "The Cards Men" case." He said, finally out of ear shot after saying case.