Chapter 4

Here's Chapter 4 AgentBelle-97. Remember to review and comment and let us know what you think! Thank you to those who have been reading.

****

Erin Lindsay had been up all night searching through the endless files, the name Amanda Patterson in her head as she shifted through the documents. A combat medic. Child. Female. Premature birth but no complications. These files were built on information and facts.

When she woke up the next morning she soon found herself wanting to head towards Jay's apartment and that's where she found herself.

"Erin, what are you doing here?" Jay asked, partially shocked at his partner who stood in front of him.

She wore a serious expression and held an armful of files.

"I said you didn't need to raise Sophia alone. I'm here, Jay." Erin stated.

"It's 8am? Sophia isn't even up yet." Jay yawned.

Usually Jay would be up and dressed before 7am on a weekday but Sophia's post-concussion syndrome had yet to subside and he had been checking on her every two hours like Will had suggested, which meant that he really didn't get any proper sleep.

Jay moved out the way and gestured for Erin to enter the fairly large room. Rubbing his eyes he closed the door behind her and made his way gingerly through the apartment. It was a mess, any other day Jay would have already tidied the living room but Sophia's toys were currently invading the living space.

Erin shrugged. She put the files she held on the kitchen table before placing her cell, car keys, badge and gun beside them.

"What's all this?" Jay asked curiously.

"I'm going to help you find the attempted kidnapper." Erin smiled.

****

There was a loud knock on the door, so Jay got up from the couch, and went to open the door. Antonio stood there, a plastic bag in his hand. Erin had left around an hour ago after promising to spend the day with the Halstead family the following morning.

"Hey Jay." Antonio stepped inside Jay's apartment and hugged his old friend. "I thought I'd stop by. Sophie called me earlier, said she felt better and wanted to go to the park for a walk, so I said we could go in a bit?"

Jay smiled. "Yeah, sure, I'll come along too."

Antonio raised an eyebrow, a playful smirk coming to his lips. "Who said you were invited, Halstead?"

Jay rolled his eyes. "Ha ha, what a joke, Toni."

Antonio just laughed. Just then, Sophia popped out from her room, and squealed happily when she saw her Uncle Tonio. "Uncle Tonio!" she yelled, running over to him.

Antonio picked her up, leaving a kiss on her cheek. "Hello, kiddo," he smiled. "I have something for you. Want to see it?"

"YEAH!" Sophia grinned excitedly.

Antonio gently put her down on the floor and took out a Bears t-shirt. Sophia took it from Antonio and looked at the t-shirt, then back up at Antonio and then back again at the -shirt. Then she slapped her palm to her face, giggling as she exclaimed sassily, "Not the bears again, Uncle Tonio!"

Jay and Antonio laughed, watching her pretend to dislike the t-shirt, but in fact they both knew she really loved it.

"Thank you, Uncle Tonio!" Sophia hugged Antonio tightly.

"No problem, kiddo." Antonio ruffled her hair lovingly, earning a happy laugh from her.