Part 2.

Waking up your neighbors downstairs,
I've been inside your bedroom a thousand years.
And as you tie me to the bed for good I say
that I want you in the most unromantic way.
Louisiana, you're torturing me with a beautiful face.
Ana come on, I thought we had a damn good thing.
A penny in the couch and a diamond ring.
So baby stay away from my friends,
'cause I need them to carry me.
When it's over I'll count back from ten,
and you can listen to glass hearts shattering.
I don't know how you got into me,
down my throat and made a home in my veins.
They used to be the rivers that would take us away,
but now you only call me every Christmas and my birthday.
I still can't believe how you look next to me,
just like a strip club bedroom scene.
Baby stay away from my friends,
'cause I need them to carry me.
When it's over I'll count back from ten,
and you can listen to something that you've never heard before.
But you don't know what it's like
to wake up in the middle of the night,
scaring the thought of kissing razors.
This blood evacuation is telling me to cave in.
Stay away.
Oh no.
Just stay away from my friends.

A week after Maddy running into Jamie and I almost running over Tony, I was at the store with Stay Away From My Friends stuck in my head. I ran into Zach who was trying to be all apologetic and everything, but I didn't take to well to his fake "I'm sorry". After I didn't take to well, he started yelling at me because I wouldn't accept his apology. Then his fist hit my cheek and then my nose and then my eye and then my arms. Finally he made contact with my gut as I stood there in the isle doubled over in pain. I was dizzy and completely disoriented, so when he came over to rescue me I had no idea it was Mike Fuentes. He had the manager get me water and a wet rag, and he took me to the van to rest in the back seat. He took my grocery list and proceeded to purchase everything I needed. When I woke up from my black out I was achy all over, and I thought I recognized the van but I wasn't sure. Mike had his hood up now and was muffling his voice. He said that he'd have a friend drop off my car and that he'd take me home. He told me how he'd gotten my groceries and then asked if I still lived in the same place. I nodded and said, "H-how do you know where I live?" He said, "I can't disclose that miss. But technically I'm not supposed to be doing this because it will kill my older brother. May I ask who beat you up back there?" I said, "My Ex Zach. He was a nice guy and all, but he up and left one day and ever since then he's been rude and volatile as if it's my fault. He acts like I left him, not true, and if he does apologize for what he did he expects me to accept his apology. I can't because thy are all fake and he usually then gets mad because I won't accept it, and lately he's been beating me up for it. We almost never see each other anywhere, but it seems like lately he's been purposely trying to be where I am. He even showed up at my work a few weeks back and asked for me to take him home and stuff. He was mad because I wouldn't give him alcohol and wouldn't go home with him, but why would I? He reached over the bar top and clocked me in the eye. That's when this him beating me thing really started." Mike said, "I'm so sorry. That's rough. If you need anything I'm in your phone so just call or text me okay." Before I could ask how he was in my phone I was already on my couch with the groceries on the table and him almost home.

I had fallen asleep on the couch from being tired and bruised, and I had a dream where this guy I used to date was sitting on a stage with an acoustic guitar and it was just him playing and singing. The lone spotlight was on him until one was put on me, and he sang Kissing in Cars to me. As the song ended and he walked over to kiss me, I woke up. I was so confused, so I texted Maddy and told her the events of the day. She came over immediately to talk and make sure I was okay. As I described the man who saved me she started to smile, but she quickly hid it. I said, "What?" She shook her head as I asked again. She said, "Nothing. It just seems like Mike saved you back there." I said, "Mike, Mike. Fuentes, Mike?" She said, "Yeah. Kinda." I shook my head in disbelief. No way it was Mike. I said, "No way it was Mike. After what I did we don't talk. None of us. I still hate myself for ending it, but he was never there and I didn't feel like I loved him anymore. That's the biggest lie though. I still love him and if I talked to them I'd only make things worse." Maddy took my phone and texted Mike and told him who she was and asked him if he'd saved me. He said, "I remember you Maddy. And yes. Zach beat her up at the store, I saved her and took her home. Tony and I are dropping the car off in an hour or so. I wanna see her again, when she's not all disoriented and all." Maddy smiled and said, "Mike saved you. Fuentes was always good with the whole chivalry thing." I smiled as I heard the van pull up and my car pull up as well. I ran outside to see them, but I tried to run back inside because I couldn't face them. Maddy dragged me back outside and made me talk to them.

Tony was explaining what Vic had been through and how he was worse then before he met me. He had turned to drinking a lot and cutting his wrists really deep, and he gave zero about his well being. I was shocked because it had been almost 3 years since we had broken up. Mike even told me about Vic's suicide attempt. Vic had taken a bunch of pills, after being drunk one night, and he had slit his wrists. He then tried to reach the rope hanging from his celling fan, put passed out on the bed before he could. There was blood everywhere and he lost so much. He was in the hospital for almost a month recovering. He had to get so much new blood, and he had to recover from the almost overdose, and he had to let his wrists heal, plus therapy. As they spoke I was scratching my wrists and Tony asked to see them. He said, "Why would you do this to yourself Hannah?" I said under my breath, "Punishment." He said, "What?" I said, "Punishment. I shouldn't have left him because I still love him. This is my self punishment so that I can feel what he felt." I was almost in tears, so they hugged me and then left. Maddy found me crying and took me inside and made me dinner.
--

--