“ And where are you going Mistress?”

“ Get the fuck away from me,” The rope burn was still there and I didn’t trust him. 

“ That is your three thousand and thirty first sin right there,” Belphegor laughed right there.

“ So you know all my sins?” I asked, my stomach dropped, there were somethings that I was not proud of.

“ No I don’t have the power to know all of them, I only know your number which is your albatross,” Belphegor finished. 

“ To be honest Belphegor I don’t like the sins, how can the bible say it’s a sin to be gay, fat and proud?” I thought of Ryan, how he was tormented throughout of his life and he turned into the mess because of God. 

“ I told you not to question the reality Mistress,” Belphegor laughed. “ If you want my opinion though, all the Gods up there are just as bad as me, they may consider himself perfect but perfection is overrated, they like everything to fit together.” Belphegor paused as he was deep in thought while I on the other hand was just confused on what to think about everything, there was more than one God? “ Mistress, I think you need to go to the library.” The teal demon started to show me the way as I followed him.

I really didn’t know what to think of Belphegor. Was he my friend or foe? I couldn’t trust him.

I stared out of the Academy’s windows, the red skies had turned to black and there was a red moon. Not a single star was in the sky, it was like the Academy had defied the stars. The celestial white forcefield had surrounded us, the school obviously wanted to keep something out that was another question added to my list - What were they keeping out? There was so much to speculate about.

“ Belphegor how many demons reside here?” I questioned him as he led me down a flight of stairs.

“ Three princes of hell such as myself and probably thirty in total I imagine, but soon it’ll turn to four Princes of Hell,” Belphegor grinned, showing his yellow golden teeth.

“ One of my friends is a demon?” I deducted straight away. Now I was in fear of this place.

“ You’ll see Mistress, anyways we are here,” Belphegor turned his back on me as I turned to face a white marble door. 

“ STOP! You do not have permission to enter,” The door revealed a reflection of a beautiful womanly angelic face. “ I’m Deuel one of the under angels to the head angel Harahel, the angel of knowledge, you do not have permission to enter this sacred library.” 

“ Why did the demon Belphegor bring me here?” I asked Deuel.

“ Deuel, she does not know about her albatross and how to bring it down, I’m assuming that her friends won’t know either and if these are the guardians according to the prophecy, how do you expect them to protect us all?” Belphegor creeped up on the mirror.

“ Get away from my reflection you traitor!” Deuel shouted as she backed away from the demon, it was like his existence inflicted pain on her, the way she acted. Deuel reminded me of Hannah. “ And fine I’ll have to take this case to Harahel.” 

“ What case do you wish to bring me young Deuel?” Harahal entered the reflection. Harahal was a muscular man, who was slightly rounded. He wore a white gown and he reminded me of the paintings, I saw in a art gallery once when Saint Catherine’s had a school trip.

“ Can a sinner go into the hallowed halls of the cherished, solemn and our beloved library of Esther?”  Deuel asked Harahal. 

“ The custos needs to learn of her Albatross and how to defend herself against it, so she can start her training properly and if Momento was right about them beating... beating him,” Harahal finished uncertainly. “ This is what we’ll do, we’ll give you a promise to see if make you worthy to enter the library of Esther.”