Noctis Request

This was requested on my tumblr blog and I thought I should finally post it here. It was a request of older!Noctis sending quality time with his daughter and s/o.
_____

"Daddy!"

That was the first thing he heard when he got out of Regalia the second. He turned after closing the door, finding his five year old daughter racing down the steps to the courtyard.

Aura was special to him in more ways than one. Whereas his son was conceived upon the first day since the ten year darkness, a gift, he supposed, from the six, she was a survivor. And thank Bahamut that she survived just as you had.

She stumbled down the last two steps, hair, the same colour as your own, billowing behind her, and fell straight into his arms. He grasped her hips and lifted her up high, grinning from ear to ear in pure joy as she outstretched her arms with happy giggles.

Noctis brought her down and towards his chest, making sure her legs were secure around his waist whilst he held her to his hip. He nuzzled his face into her neck, her laughter warmer than any sunrise he had experienced.

"Daddy!" She breathed between laughter. "You haven't shaved again! It tickles!"

Noctis pulled his face away and looked into her eyes. They were just as intense as yours, the same hues, the same amount of saturation. She was a spitting image of yourself and he knew that if anything happened to you, he would protect her. And if anything happened to her, someone would have to pay.

"Don't you like it when I make you smile?" He feigned a pout, poking is bottom lip out. "That's not very nice."

And, just like that, worry and apologies washed over her features as Aura kissed his cheeks, forehead and nose. "Sorry, Daddy. I didn't mean to make you sad."

His smiled softened, his features showing that same tender expression his father often showed him, as he tucked your daughter's unkempt hair behind her ear. "I was only teasing, Aura." He rubbed his nose with his before kissing her hairline. "What's that you have in your hand?"

Aura's eyes widened and she brought her right hand in front of her face. "It's a sylleblossom. Uncle Gladdy said that they bloomed beautifully at this time of year in Tennabrae. So he picked a few and gave one to me. And then he gave me another one and said that I could give it you when you returned. So..." She held it out to him. "Here you go, daddy."

Noctis went to take it but she only tucked it into his hair and secured it in place with a black bobby pin. Of course she was going to do that. He chuckled and kissed her nose. "Let's find mummy."

When he began walking up the stairs, he listened to Aura telling him about her week and how Regis, her older brother, had allowed her to help him with his school projects. And when she was upset, he would tell her a story that Noctis had often shared: how the light vanished for ten years and how the Astrals had given the Chosen One another chance, to be able to rule and protect Lucis once again, just like the Kings before him had down.

All the while he smiled, listening carefully to her every word. Despite the peace that had ensued, there were still lurkers within the world itself and any journey could prove perilous. It was still an uncertain time, rebuilding had just been completed. But there was only so much one could do with brick, plaster, mortar and stone. The rest was up to the people to decide.

Mental instability from the traumatic experiences still lingered even if they were numbed down. Knowing that he would never see his father smile again or feel the tranquility of an Oracles healing magic again was certainly something that still ignited fear within the King. But his family had aided him without even knowing. Doing the small things like showing him drawings, offering to help him with his duties. It wasn't like they were exaggerating anything, just being as selfless as they could possibly be taught whilst also knowing that it's okay to be selfish every once in a while.