Chapter:6

I stood there watching as the riders went one by one. Once it was halfway done Flint and I entertained the crowd while the riders were getting ready for the next round. "Wait so how far have you gotten with this so called project?" Flint asked me.

"What project?" I asked him. "The Portuguese project." He answered. "Oh that one. Ok so Flint here thinks the riders from Brazil are totally different than the ones from here, but I personally think their just like the American riders that speak a different language than them.

"They want to know what we're speaking because they don't know what we're saying. Now there are one or two that have tried to learn the language and have excelled in it. I personally know them both and think their the most awesome guys I know.

"So while their in the lounge getting ready for this next round I want to teach you a few words if that's alright with you." The crowd cheered. "Alrighty. Olá cavaleiros brasileiros." I said as it was put up on the screen.

"The translation is Hello Brazilian riders. Think you can handle it?" The crowd cheered. "I don't know Codie they don't sound too enthusiastic about it." Flint said.

The crowd cheered louder. After practicing it a few times they had it down. The round was about to begin. "Alright y'all are ready. Don't you say so Flint?" "I'd say so Codie let's bring them out and see if they can understand what their saying." Flint answered.

I watched as Kaique and Guilherme led them out to behind the chutes. I had asked them to help out with teaching them thank you in English so the crowd could understand them. "Ready?" The crowd cheered. "One. Two. Three." Flint and I counted. The crowd yelled what I had taught them.

Then the Brazilian riders yelled back a thank you. It's amazing how a few simple words can break part of the barrier between languages. As soon as the night was over I quickly moved the barrels and changed out of my gear.

I met up with Kaique when he came out. "That was amazing!" He told me. "Obrigado." I said. He kissed my temple. "O que você diz sobre ir buscar algo para comer, então eu deixo você ficar comigo para a noite(What do you say about going to get something to eat then I let you stay with me for the night)?" He negotiated.

"Parece um bom plano(sounds like a nice plan)." I said. He took my hand leading the way out. "Estamos levando seu caminhão(are we taking your truck)?" He asked. "We can." I answered. He nodded as we neared the doors leading outside.

The walk out to it was silence. Once there we got in and went to McDonald's cheap I know but I'm not going to spend over twenty dollars for a easy and quick meal. He told me to choose something for the both of us off the menu.

I told him what there was and he decided with a cheeseburger and fries. I got something similar without tomatoes, onions, or pickles. The person gave us cups for our drinks after we paid for the food.

Once the order was announced I went up and got the tray before going back and sitting down next to him. "Você já teve um hambúrguer americano(have you ever had an American hamburger)?" I asked him. "Não(No)." He answered.

"Especially from here?" I asked. He shook his head. I took a bite of mine before he did too. After talking and eating we went to his hotel room. He let me shower since I didn't last night. Then took one himself. I was already under the covers wanting to sleep after the almost boring night.

The bed moved under weight. I was pulled back against him. Any guy that doesn't mind this is a keeper for me. Or one that automatically pulls me closer to them wanting me to be closer. I rolled over facing him. His head in the crook of my neck while mine was in his neck.

I absolutely loved his scent. It was a blend of I don't know what. His arms encased me tighter to him. I put my arms around his neck as he rolled onto his back.