Scarlet: Ch Ch Ch Changes

Beginne am Anfang

"Yeah, well....you never know. Things may change. I don't know Sirius. I have a week and a half to respond."

"I don't think you should go."

"Why?"

He hesitated. Now that I really looked at him, he was rubbing the back of neck. He only does that when he's nervous or angry. Why would he be angry? Was he nervous? He didn't look it, but I haven't spent that much time with him anymore to really tell. 

"I just think you need to relax. I was kinda looking forward to hanging out with you and James this summer. If you go, well that can't happen."

"Wait, let me get this straight...you want me to give up a chance to better myself, and my future just so we can hang? Where the hell have you been for the past few months so we could do that here? Why is it all of a sudden so important to hang out this summer?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Oh I don't know Sirius, in the past 5 months you've pretty much been MIA. We don't spend that much time with each other unless it's for Quidditch practice, or in class. I never really see you. When was that last time we pulled a prank together? When was the last time we hung out at the lake you and me? Not once. No, ever since that night at my house you've carefully avoided me. Or at least, kept your distance."

"Now wait a minute, you have to admit yourself, you've been keeping your distance too. And plus, we have owls coming up. I was studying."

"BULLSHIT!"

He stepped back, shocked at my outburst. 

"Why call bullshit?"

"Because you've never once studied a day in your life, and now all of a sudden it's 'I'm studying' and you expect me, your best friend of 10 years to believe that? Sorry, no. Go peddle that pedestrian lie somewhere else, but not here. Not to someone that knows better. Knows you better. The only thing you've been studying is the anatomy of Gail, Clarissa, Melody, Hannah, and Lucy."

 I stormed off, I didn't want to have this conversation anymore. I didn't want to sound like a jealous girlfriend, or ex girlfriend. Which I was neither. I wasn't about to make myself look like a complete idiot because of him, and his...i don't know anymore. All I know is, I'm way too sensitive around him right now. 

I could feel myself being followed, I assumed it was Sirius. hopelessly trailing behind wanting to explain something or apologize. Neither of which I wanted to hear right now. 

"Padfoot I swear turn around or I'm gonna hex you into next week."

"Well that threat would mean something if it was Padfoot."

I spun around,

"Prongs?"

"Sorry to disappoint, however given the context of that last statement, it seems as if I've saved my best mate from one angry hexing. Mind telling me what's going on with you two. Again..."

"He's an arrogant arse."

"And you're jealous."

"Excuse me?"

"Don't shoot me, but you are. You're letting your feelings for Sirius cloud any kind of rational thinking. That's not a bad thing per se, but it's not  a good thing either."

"What are you talking about?"

"You're jealous."

"You've already said that; explain, dink."

"You're completely jealous of Sirius and his girlfriends."

"Oh I am not."

"He hasn't been the only one to pull away. You did too, you know. Any time you saw him in the common room with a girl, or at the dinner table, you'd walk out. Making up some excuse to go to the library, flying, or something. Don't act like you didn't sis. Don't act like you still don't."