"Mom, I don't think you understand what the word 'fun' means." I told her, shaking my head as i giggled lightly.

"Am I interrupting something?" A voice asked from the doorway. My mom and I turned our heads to see Andrew and Luke, side by side looking at us with with grins that read, thank God it's finally over.

Luke and I's eyes met, only for a split second. But a split second was all it took for butterflies to form in my stomach. I shook my head and gazed in the opposite direction.

"Actually yes, a mother and daughter moment." My mom chuckled as she patted my back.

"Well sorry, we just thought we'd tell you we were going tux shopping for the wedding." Andrew said as he placed a kiss on my mom's nose, causing me to awkwardly scoot out of her arms and over to the doorway, next to Luke.

While my mom and Andrew rambled on about who knows what, I could feel Luke's stare hard on my face. I felt my cheeks grow hot as i snuck a glance at him and our eyes met.

"We need to talk." He whispered to me, as I fumbled with my hands.

"No, we dont." I whispered back, trying to turn my attention to my mom and Andrew but all I could focus on was Luke's blue eyes burning into the side of my face.

I heard Luke let out an annoyed sigh before he grabbed my wrist and yanking me out of the kitchen and into the living room.

"What?" I asked harshly as i rubbed my aching wrist.

"We need to talk." He repeated, with more force than before.

"About..?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows. I tried to play dumb, but I could already tell that it would get me nowhere with Luke.

"You know what." He spat out with an eye roll before adding "What are your feelings towards me?"

I thought hard about his question. What were my feelings for Luke? At some times I want to rip his head off, and at other times I want to hug him until he can't breath.

"I don't know." I told him honestly. I've never felt this way about a human being, I don't know what you would call it.

"You don't know?" He asked me with a skeptical look.

"I don't know." I said back, blinking at him blankly.

"God Ambrosia, you make me so fucking angry." He spat out. I opened my mouth so say, don't swear but was cut off by his harsh words.

"Dont. Say. It. Just let me talk."

"You make me so fucking angry, but sometimes you make me feel so fricken happy. I don't know what to do when we run into eachother in the hall, so I'm just a dick to you. But then I hate myself for being a dick. None of this is most likely making sense to you, because when I talk to you I get so nervous. It's like I know what to say but the words won't come out right. This feeling I get when I'm around you, I hate it. But I hate it because I crave it, I can't ever get enough of it. It took me awhile to realise what it was, but then it hit me.. it you. Its always been you. Youre the thing that I crave. You're that feeling." He told me his words coming out in a blur.

To say I was speechless was completely accurate. I stood there, with my mouth agape staring into his eyes as they searched mine for an answer. I had no idea he had felt this way, and I felt so blind. All the clues were there, I just was too high up in the clouds to read them.

"God, please say something." He whispered, his eyes trying to read my blank face.

I don't know what led me to do this, but i leaned in. I leaned in until our noses were brushing against eachother. I leaned in until our lips were connected, and sparks were flying as we moved in sync. I felt a buzz inside of me, starting at our connected lips and moving throughout my body filling me with a sensation that made me want to scream out with joy.

"Luke, let's get going!" A voice called from the kitchen, causing us to spring apart.

"Okay." Luke called back as he stared at me in the eye, with a goofy smile on his face that made me roll my eyes.

He leaned in once more, but instead of connecting with my lips he left a delicate kiss on my nose. I felt my cheeks become hot as he pulled away then walked away to his father with a skip in his step.

That's when I realised, Calum wasn't the boy who I needed most. Or the boy who made me feel safe, or wanted. He wasn't the boy who made me feel beautiful with all my flaws.

The boy who made me feel those things, was Luke Hemmings. My soon-to-be stepbrother.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Woo, lamber is sailing.

I'm the worst author ever. I havent updated in like 2 weeks and I'm soososooso sorry.

School was piling up, and my grades were failing. But it's all good now. Sorry if this chapter is lower quality, I tried.