Blurred Lines (THE ROYALS SERIES, pt.2)

Writer: 紫苑 ( shevvie   )

Writer: 紫苑 ( shevvie )

Status: Ongoing

Summary: "When you start to really look at some people, you begin to notice the masks on their faces chipping away."

Marissa Lee spent her entire childhood building up walls to keep people out, convincing everyone around her that she is nothing but cold and vicious. However, when intelligent and gentle Yuko Hideyoshi befriends her, she quickly realises that he could very well break down all the walls she had built to protect her fragile heart.

Review: Blurred Lines is the continuation of The Lonely King. The writing isn't as good as The Lonely King (since it's still the older version), but I love the pairing and I find the character, Marissa Lee, very interesting. Although she's the main protagonist of the story, she's very much flawed and you'll see her developments sprinkled little by little as you keep reading. I actually didn't like her in The Lonely King, but as I came to understand her in this book and she ends up being one of my fav in Wattpad. 

Sometimes I would listen to people playing piano on YouTube and imagine it as Marissa playing (she's a piano-prodigy in the story). Also, I don't know why, but in my head, I picture her looking like Lee Hi rather than Krystal Jung.

And I guess that's just the amazing thing about books. You can interpret how characters look or how they go on their lives beyond the pages however you like. It's totally up to you.