Chapter 4

She buried her head as far against my chest as she could. I could feel her heart pounding it was going so fast. My mate was terrified!

I couldn’t help the fierce growl that escaped my lips. The laughing instantly stopped as they noticed us.  ‘Get out of here now!’ I yelled at them through the link. Matrix was taking over, not liking that our mate was scared.

They instantly left and I turned back to my mate. Her body shook slightly and I wanted to ask what had her so scared, but now wasn’t the time. I rubbed her back soothingly and it wasn’t long before her body stopped shaking and she peeked up at me.

“I’m sorry,” she said in a whisper. “You have nothing to be sorry for, but do you mind if I ask why being around people makes you so scared?” I held my breath waiting for her answer. It took her a moment.

“People don’t like me. They never have, and… please can I just leave it at that,” she said giving me a pleading look. I couldn’t resist the look in her eyes and didn’t want to push her, “Ok I’ll leave it…for now. Besides, I like you and my pack will love you once they get to know you. Just give them a chance and you’ll see.”

She slowly nodded before getting up. “Can I go take a shower before the party tonight?” she asked in the sweetest tone. “Of course you can love. Just go up to our room the bathroom is the door on the left when you go in.”

She started walking before she stopped and looked back at me. “Uhm… I don’t have anything to wear,” she said looking nervous. I hit my head cursing myself. “Just wear some of my clothes and I’ll have my sister loan you some, ya’ll look like the same size.” She nodded before heading upstairs.

I sighed happily, my mate was perfect.

**Vascillia**

I entered the bathroom and after taking off my filthy clothes I started the shower making it extra hot and climbed inside. I sighed in pure bliss as I felt the warm water massage my muscles as it cascaded down my back.

I took my time with my first shower in over a year just enjoying it. I took extra care with my hair washing it twice before I turned the water off and climbed out. I grabbed a white fluffy towel that covered from my shoulders down to my lower thighs as I walked out of the bathroom heading for the dressers.

I didn’t notice Liam lying on the bed until I’d gotten some boxers and a t-shirt out of the dressers and dropped the towel to put them on.

I heard him gasp and spun around holding the clothes to me as I looked at him. His eyes were raking my body hungrily and I felt my body respond instantly. He eyed the clothes covering my body looking like he wanted nothing more than to snatch them away.

I cleared my throat twice before he finally snapped out of it. He blushed an adorable red smiling at me before saying, “Can you blame me? You’re beautiful!” his words made me happy and I blushed. “Can you please turn around?”

I laughed as he groaned and put his back to me. I didn’t notice the mirror he had on the other side of the room. I laid the shirt on the dresser and put on my shorts with my back to him. I was about to put on my shirt and turn around when I felt his arms go around my waste and his head buried itself in my hair at my neck.

“Woman you are driving me crazy,” he said against my neck making me shiver. He began kissing my neck, running his tongue slowly across it placing small kisses here and there. When he got right behind my ear I felt his teeth graze my neck before he latched on to the skin and began sucking.

The moan that escaped my lips startled me out of my heavenly daze and I covered my chest stepping out of his arms raising my eyebrow. He looked guilty and I noticed over his shoulder a mirror that showed me his back.