The Alpha's Special Mate

Prologue

Did you ever think your parents or brother, the people who were suppose to love you no matter what, would torture and beat you because you couldn’t shift? Mine did. My name is Vascillia and at age five, the age females were suppose to shift, my life turned to hell. I didn’t shift or ever come close.

My brother took over the alpha position and made me his personal slave. I had to get up at 5 in the morning, cook the whole pack of 50 breakfast, then clean house for the rest of the day while waiting on him hand and foot.

If I failed at a job or didn’t do it like he wanted I would get beaten, sometimes so hard and bad I would pass out from the pain and not wake up for two days. This lasted up until I turned 8 when I finally got tired of him and the pack. They didn’t care for me so why I should I care for them?

I grabbed the largest backpack I could find and stuffed it full of my clothes, food, my favorite blankie and pillow, and a few utensils I would need as a rogue. Even though I was eight I had had the knowledge of a 20 year old beaten in to me daily.

I waited until it was the night of a new moon before I escaped. The patrols were horrible and consisted of a bunch of my brother’s drunk friends joking around and meeting up with pack sluts. I ran as far as I possibly could before I stumbled and fell down into a patch of bushes.

When I got up I saw that I was in the middle of a hidden grove near what looked like a small mountain. No way could I have made it to twin peaks. That was 40 miles! No wonder I felt so tired I could sleep for a month.

A cave had formed into the base of the mountain and a stream wound its way down. Since it was summer the salmon were jumping, their silver bodies flashing like diamonds in the sun. This was it. This is where I would stay.

In the cave I had to clean out a bunch of debris that had been blown inside before I could unpack my meager belongings. I didn’t feel like eating so I just laid down on the cold floor before I fell asleep.

Arianna- Lissa’s wolf

Finally I found her! My human was sleeping in a cold cave in between two large hills. I had been searching for her for years and I’d finally caught a scent of her. I knew I had to find her soon before she got herself hurt. We were special.

I curled up beside her giving her all the warmth I could. We would be together from now on. I would help her survive until the time was right and we would be one.