The Walls

I walked down the basement stairs, and saw my daughter playing with toys and talking to something. I decided that I'd make a boring joke.

"Who you talking to the walls"

"Yeah mommy!"

I was laughing so hard when I heard her say that. I have this weird thing that I laugh at everything.

"Why are you laughing at him. He doesn't like being laughed at"

"Ok Trinity"

I played along with her joke even though I stopped finding it funny.

"I'm serious, he's really upset now"

"Who your doll"

"MOMMY! He doesn't like what your saying!"

I didn't like her raising her voice at me so I told her to quit it. When I told her to stop I heard tapping from the wall.

*Tap! Tap!*

I walked over to the washing machine and started to take out wet clothes when I heard Trinity talking so I listened in.

"It's ok she's not going to bother us anymore" said Trinity talking to the "Walls" again.

"I said QUIT it Trinity!"

Then the tapping turned to thumping. Light thumps like someone knocking.

*Thump! Thump!*

"Trinity for the last time STOP the tapping and thumping it's not funny anymore"

The thumps turned to bangs

*Bang! Bang!*

"That's it"

I turned around to teach Trinity a lesson when I noticed she wasn't in the room anymore. The bangs didn't stop however!

*THUMP! THUMP! THUMP! THUMP!*

The thumping grew louder and louder each second and the concrete walls had hands begin to grow out of them.

I screamed as I watched the figure emerge out of the wall. What dropped out of the wall was a man dead as can be.

I began to cry. That thing was my husband that I died eight years ago before Trinity was born.

Then he got up from the ground and pointed at me. His decaying face looked into my soul. He spoke like a zombie, to me and was very angry.

"You killed me!"

"Only to protect our daughter!"

"Well I'm coming into these walls with someone!"

He limped over to me and put his cold dead hands on me. As he did that I became tired and cold. Then I heard Trinity's voice.

"Thanks Daddy! I didn't like her anyway!"