Chapter 3: Story of My Life

Depuis le début

"How long?" Dick asked. Danny hesitated for a few moments.

"...four years..." he said. His shoulders shook as he cried. He cried the pain, grief, and abuse the GIW put him through. Danny sat back on the bed and put his head in his hands and his whole body shook. Dick sat down next to him and pulled his brother's fragile body into his chest. Danny buried his face into his brothers chest and bawled his eyes out. He calmed down after a few moments and wiped his tears away with his hands. He took a deep breath and relaxed in his brothers hold. Dick rubbed gentle circles on Danny's back the whole time to calm his brother down. He ran his hands through Danny's head to further try and calm him. He smirked a little and gave a quiet chuckle. "What are you laughing at?" Danny asked, his face still buried in Dicks chest.

"The white hair. Did you bleach it or something? I always remember it being jet black. And your eyes were blue like ice." Dick said. He felt Danny tense in his arms. "Danny?" Dick questioned. The boy in his arms let out a sigh.

"I need to tell you something but you can't tell anyone. Promise me?" he said looking up at his brother.

"I promise." Dick said. Danny visibly relaxed a bit at this.

"Your right about one thing. I do have black hair and blue eyes." Danny said. Dick looked at him, confusion written all over his face. Danny chuckled as his brother expression. "I'm...I'm half...half ghost..." Danny said. Dick blinked at him in slight shock. "What your looking at is my ghost form. Green eyes and white hair. I also have powers." Danny said. Dick sat and listened closely. "See Jack and Maddie are ghost hunters and scientist and they were obsessed with their work. Eventually they built a portal to try and access a dimension known to them as the Ghost Zone. When they tried to activate it, nothing happened. A few days later my friends Sam and Tucker were in the lab with me and Sam had dared me to go into the portal. I did and what I didn't realize was that my hand had grazed over the on-off switch inside of the portal and turned it on, with me inside it. The energy of the Ghost Zone had mutated my DNA and it infused it with ghost DNA. After that I became Amity Parks new hero. I fought off ghosts and did what any hero would do. It's basically my obsession." Danny said.

"Obsession?" Dick asked confused.

"Oh, every ghost has some sort of obsession. Mine is to protect the innocent from the pain I experienced when I was turned half ghost. I'm what you call a halfa. Anyways, in order for most ghosts to exist, they have to have an obsession which is kind of like unfinished business I guess." Danny said. Dick nodded his head. "You probably think I'm some sort of freak." Danny said sadly looking down.

"What? Why would you think that? Have you seen my team? Ones a clone of Superman, the other is the son of the fastest man alive, ones from Mars, and the other is Aquaman's apprentice. No one here is really normal except Artemis, Batman, Black Canary and myself. You have nothing to be ashamed of." Dick said to him. Danny smiled softly at him. Suddenly his eyes glossed over for a moment before regaining their focus.

"Can you get me food please? And quickly?" Danny asked in a rushed tone. Dick nodded his head and put his mask on before leaving the room. He looked back at Danny.

"Don't go anywhere ok?" he said. Danny nodded his head with a small smile. Robin shut the door to the medical bay and ran to the living room where the dinner Meagan had prepared was already set on the counter. The team was already eating when Robin walked in.

"Robin? What are you doing here? I thought you were supposed to look after our guest." Wally said mid bite. Robin piled on a small portion of food from each tray into a plate and grabbed some utensils.

"Danny's hungry. I'm not going to make him starve." he said as he went to leave the room.

"Danny? Is that his name?" Superboy asked.