18

Zeke stood in front of Alec's door, a hand raised to knock. Not knowing if the grumpy shadowhunter would actually let him in, he let out a huff as he let his arm fall limp to his side, ready to move back down the hall away from the door.

Before he could make it away from the door, it was pulled open and a shirtless Alec, stood there with a confused frown. "Zeke? What are you doing here?"

Zeke looked over the impressive body Alec hid under all his plain black shirts, before answering the question. "Just exploring. Did you just wake up?" He would wave his hand motioning at the lack of shirt, making sure he kept himself at a safe distance not wanting to make Alec feel uncomfortable.

"Yes, here come in." Alec would move back into his room, leaving the bedroom door open for Zeke to step through.

Zeke followed after him his eyes taking in the furniture, it not being much. "Lovely room, you got here." Alec turned his head towards Zeke, giving him a quick nod before he pulled on regular shirt from in the dresser near the other door, Zeke assumed it lead to a bathroom.

Alec grabbed at his phone, reading whatever was on the screen, a sigh falling from his lips, "would you like to go on this small mission with me? Just some disturbance at some abandon place. Need to check it out."

"Oh, sure. Totally!" Zeke tried to play it cool, but he was actually really happy that he could spend more time with raven haired boy, "just the two of us right?"

Alec nodded his head grabbing his leather jacket, motioning for the Zeke to follow him to the Weapons room.

_________________________

"Stick close to me, I don't want you wondering around alone."

Zeke nodded his head, his hands gripping at the double sided blade. He would stay close behind Alec, as the both of them moved further into the old building. He took a glance around, feeling only a tiny bit worried, as there was only just silence.

Hearing a loud growl behind them, Alec ready his bow, already shooting at what looked to be a demon. "One down."

"Hope not many to go." As Zeke said this he felt himself being tossed to the ground, hearing his name being called by Alec.

The demon jumped on top of him, growling in his face, as it went to take a chunk out of his face. Zeke learning from the last time he was attacked by some demon, would grip his blade pushing it up into the thing's torso.

The demon let out a pained scream, falling limp on the blade, as Alec then rushed over after dealing with two other demons.

"Zeke! Are you okay? Did it bite you?" Zeke rolled his eyes at the question, pushing the demon off him watching as it slide off the blade with a thud to the floor.

"I'm fine, Alec. Don't worry, are you okay?" Alec nodded his head, placing a hand on Zeke's shoulder, beginning to pull at him as he moved put the building.

"Think that was the last of them..you did good in there." Zeke would let out a laugh, hearing what Alec said, his cheeks turning a slight pink from the compliment.

"Thanks Alec!"

With that the two made their way back over to the Institute, keeping up with small talk, the both of them enjoying to be in each other's company.

______________________________________