6

After a while Zeke gave up looking for Izzy and Simon so he just sat down on the floor in a random hallway.

Leaning his head against the wall, he let out a sigh running a hand through his slightly short hair messing it up. Closing his eyes the thoughts that he fought from taking over his finally made their way through his walls.

Zeke let out a small sob as he thought about whether or not they would be able to save their mother or will their mother die before they even found a lead on to where she could possibly be.

Zeke was too focused on his thoughts to notice Alec walking down the same hall he was in.

Alec was shocked to see Zeke sitting there with tears falling down his face. He looked around to see if anyone was around when he saw no one he made his way over to Zeke sliding down the wall next to him.

Alec cleared his throat to get Zeke's attention, making him jump Zeke quickly wiped his tears in embarrassment before looking up at Alec with wide eyes.

"Goodness! You scared the hell out of me." Zeke let out an embarrassed chuckle. Alec gave him a small smile before giving him a serious but slightly awkward look.

"Are you alright? Did someone hurt you?" Zeke shook his head muttering a small 'no' before looking at the ground trying to fight back the tears from coming back again.

"Well then, what's the matter with you? Why are you crying?" Zeke let out a scoff.

"Me? Crying? I wasn't crying. I just forgot to blink then my eyes got watery and. Yea." Alec gave him a blank look not believing a word that he was saying.

"Then, why did you forget to blink?" Zeke looked at Alec while biting his lip letting out a sigh. "It's just..." He then took in a deep breath be for continuing what he was saying.

"I'm scared. I'm scared of how this whole thing is going to end. And the people who might get hurt or worse might end up dead. I don't want to lose my mother and I don't want Clary to ever feel how it feels to lose someone she loves. Alec... I-I hate being weak. I could've saved her and she would still be here and we probably wouldn't be in this mess and we wouldn't have brought you, Jace, or your sister into this." Zeke felt a lump in his throat as the he let out a sob when he finished talking.
Without thinking Alec pulled Zeke into a hug with Zeke laying his head on his shoulder as he cried trying to give Zeke some type of comfort. Zeke gripped Alec's shirt as he cried pulling Alec closer to him.

"Zeke...Everything will be just fine. We are going to find your mother. And we are going to keep you and your sister safe while we find her. I promise you, I will do anything to keep you..and Clary safe.

Zeke nodded his head still keeping it in Alec's shoulder taking in deep breaths. "Now, I want you to wipe your tears away and help me find my sister and the mundane so she doesn't end up killing him with her cooking." Alec joked trying to see the smile he saw when he first saw Zeke.

Zeke laughed as he got up he held out a hand for Alec. Alec smiled taking his hand and squeezing it, as he began to pull Zeke down the hall.

______________________________________