"Marlene what time is it?"

Sirius had her this time and he knew it. She looked at him with one eyebrow raised, then lifted her glass up off the table and spouted her drink out of her mouth and back into the glass for the second time that evening. 

Emmeline nearly died laughing, Lily frowned and asked Marlene where her manners had gone and Sirius froze.

"It's about 8:30pm Sirius." She replied.

"Marlene why didn't you drink it?" Lily asked.

"Yes Marlene, why didn't you drink it?" Sirius asked, his voice hollow.

"Sirius-"

"How long have you known?" He asked.

Marlene shifted. "Not as long as last time."

"Last time? I've never been married before?" Lily questioned, so far behind in the conversation she might have well not been there.

"But you knew."

"Well yes Sirius."

"GOD DAMN IT MARLENE." He shouted slamming his glass onto the table.

The three girls were stood, being watched now, by most of the guests. Lily murmered under her breath, "Has someone died?"

"No." Em replied.

"Do I need to know right now?"

The girls on either side of Lily conferred silently for a moment. They both shrugged.

"Go on. What is it?" Lily asked, as everyone started to return to their conversations.

Marlene looked at Emmeline, desperate for help. "Lily, do you take the pill?"

"Yes." She replied frowning. "Do you?"

"The thing about being gay is, its very difficult to get pregnant.." She said laughing. "Does James always use a condom Lily?"

"Yes, apart from one time. How is this relevent?"

"Turns out one of us three doesn't really use any contraception." Emmeline added.

"Well I do, you just said you don't.. so Marls?" Lily said frowning.

"Merlin Lily, how much have you had to drink?" Marlene asked.

"Way too much." Lily smiled. "Why don't you use contraception Marls?"

"I forget." She muttered.

"Well thats silly no wonder you-" Lily looked at Marlene, then at where Sirius had stormed off to, then at the full glass in Marlene's hand. "You're not.."

Emmeline grinned, "And there we have it everyone, Lily Potter solves the riddle!"

"and wins the award for the slowest time in history." Marlene commented.

"For real?" Lily asked, the excitment clear. "Did you take a test? I have one upstairs come on lets do it!"

"I already did it." Marlene replied.

Lily's jaw nearly hit the floor. "How far along are you?"

"Well I don't know." Marlene admitted.

"When was your last period?" Lily asked, ready to work it out.

Marlene mumbled something, but the girls couldn't hear.

"Speak up!" Em urged her.

"Hogwarts." She said looking anywhere but Lily or Emmeline's faces.