Chapter 2

Daryl sat in his holding cell bored out of his mind, he couldn't do much because he was in hand cuffs of course so he sat merciless on the cold metal bench  provided to him. He thought about what being in prison would be like and how long he would survive without alcohol.

 Rick walked in disturbing Daryl's train of thought, "You're free to go, I convinced them to let you go with a few minor charges but that's about it.'' Rick removed the handcuffs that held Daryl's hands together 

"Why are you being so nice to me?" Daryl snached his hands away once they were free, rubbing his sore wrist.

 "I'm not being nice it's my job" Rick chuckled shrugging "I could put you in prison if that's what you want" Rick raised an eyebrow as he opened the cell door for Daryl.

 Daryl rolled his eyes "No need to be smart", Rick chuckled "Just some friendly banter is all" Rick smiled as he shrugged. "So I'm assuming you need a ride home?" Rick stopped and turned around facing Daryl "Nah i can walk it" Daryl said in his gruff voice with a shrug from his shoulders. Rick shook his head "No I insist,your house is about six miles away from here". Daryl paused "You know where I live?" "Well of course, I'm a cop. its my job to know where people live pretty much" Rick rubbed the back of his neck as he knew he was telling a story. He had attempted to visit Daryl a few times before but was never brave enough.

"Oh why the hell not." Daryl  shrugged accepting Ricks offer.

"Alrighty then" Rick smiled happily "Follow me this way" Rick motioned forward  as he walked  towards the door Daryl following behind him.

The two walked silently not saying a word to each other, human interaction is weird anyway. As they quickly approached Rick's patrol car the two shared a quick glimpse of each other but they quickly looked away moving faster to the car. Daryl climbed into the passengers seat waiting for Rick to get in, Rick got into the car buckling his seat belt turning the car on. Daryl pulled for his seat belt but he struggled to pull it down any further, he cussed and swore as he yanked harder on the stubborn seatbelt.  "Here let me help, I know how stubborn those things can be." Rick smiled softly as he bulked Daryl's seat belt. Daryl sat awkwardly as he'd never been so close to another man and to some degree he  liked it but he knew he couldn't let his guard down. After the little encounter the two men shared, Rick proceeded to drive his car down the long and twisty road, not a word was spoken between the two men and that's how both of the men wanted it to stay for the whole ride.After a while of riding  Rick got bored of the silence, Rick cleared his throat "So Daryl, have you been interested in finding a job?" the silence continued as Daryl didn't feel the need to answer Rick's questions. Rick chuckled "What your name isn't Daryl anymore?" 

"Yeah, but ain't nobody want me working for them" Daryl scoffed as he slightly turned away from Rick looking out the window 

Rick took a mental note "Would you mind if i helped with that?

"I don't need your help officer friendly." At this point Daryl was aggravated and didnt want to be bothered any more "Can you just hurry up"

"That's alright. It's understandable." Rick nodded slightly increasing the Speed of the car.  He turned the radio on trying to make it less awkward but it didn't help any. The awkwardness was so strong in that car you could feel it from a mile away.  Rick drove faster as he was eager to escape the awkwardness

Rick stopped on the road at the edge of the forest. Rick took a big gulp before speaking "So do you want me to drive you up to your house or.." Rick trailed on

"I'll walk it" Daryl quickly getting  out of the car "Thanks officer friendly." Daryl said quickly jogging off in to the tight nit forest

Rick smiled nodding his head "You're welcome" Rick then drove off