The Badass Weaslette (George Weasley Love Story) Chapter Six

Start from the beginning

     "Did someone say Mad-Eye-?" Bill asked.

     "I didn't, I'm not even following the conversation," I put in.

     "-what's he been up to now?"

     "He says someone tried to break into his house last night," Mrs Weasley told us.

     "Mad-Eye Moody?" George said thoughtfully, sitting down and buttering some toast. "Isn't he that nutter-"

     "Language, George," I chided him, slipping onto a seat to his left.

     "Your father thinks very highly of Mad-Eye Moody," Mrs Weasley said sharply, before bustling out of the room.

     "Yeah, well, Dad collects plugs, doesn't he?" said Fred quietly, "Birds of a feather..."

     "Isn't it feathers of a bird?" I piped up cheekily.

     "Shush you."

     "You shush."

     "George, protect your girlfriend before I push her off that chair," he said threateningly, and George glanced at me. I smiled back at him, trying not to avoid eye contact. Wanting to punch Fred for that smug look he was holding on his face, I decided to listen in on the conversation - Charlie was telling Harry who Mad-Eye was.

     "...Doesn't trust anyone any more. Sees dark wizards everywhere."

     Bill and Charlie decided to come and send us off, but Percy, apologizing about fifty times, said that he really needed to get to work; apparently, Crouch was really starting to rely on him, but the young Ministry worker got a little offended when someone told him that Crouch might even remember his name next time. George's words, not mine.

     Meanwhile, Mrs Weasley had visited the village's Post Office to use the Muggle telephone to order three Muggle taxis to take us to London.

     "I've never been in a taxi before," I said as we watched the taxi drivers heave our trunks into their cars.

     George shoved me playfully. "It's just a car."

     I stuck my tongue out at him before climbing into the back of the nearest taxi, the twins right behind me.

     The journey was quite uncomfortable, for many reasons; an enormous amount of Dr Filibuster's Fabulous No-Heat, We-Start Fireworks went off when Fred's trunk randomly sprung open; Pigwidgeon, Ron's owl, became over-excited and caused an ear-splitting racket. To add insult to this mayhem, I, and the others, were severely scratched by Crookshanks, Hermione's cat, who had gone into a fit of terror when the fireworks had started.

     "Hogwarts, here we come!" I laughed loudly as Fred, George and I ran at the barrier; a shadow passed over us, all was still, but then we were amidst a crowd of school kids all ages, most talking excitedly with their parets or friends. The Hogwarts Express loomed above us, emitting its strong, scarlet glory on us. Grey smoke filled the platform, so the wizards and witches nearest the train looked like nothing more than mere shadows, even though they became clearer as we moved closer.

     "Wil!"

     I found a tall black girl with braided hair running towards us through the thick fog, a grin stretched across her features.

     "Hey, Angelina," I responded. Even though Angelina was a year older than me, we got along pretty well; she and I both liked Quidditch, Charms and Transfiguration; overall, she was a friend of mine.

     Angelina fell in beside Fred, George and I as we boarded the train, looking for a compartment that was free of anybody - and that was when she asked the question I had been dying to hear. "Are you going to try out for Quidditch, this year, Willow?"

      I smirked. "Something else is happening this year."

     "What?" about three voices asked together.

     "A few hours, my child, a few hours... who knows what fate has in store?"

     "Willow!" exclaimed three of my exasperated friends; I chuckled to myself and slid the nearest compartment door open.

     "She knows whats happening, but she won't tell us," informed Fred. "We've been trying desperate methods to get her to tell us-"

     "- I even kissed her," nodded George, and my stomach dropped. Is that why he kissed me? But before I could properly react, Angelina exploded.

     "What?! When?" she demanded, but none of us answered her. I was too numb to feel, let alone talk.

___________________________________________________________________________________

     "Bye Mrs Weasley," I thanked her as I hugged her hard. We were back on the platform 9 and three-quarters, saying goodbye Bill Charlie and Mrs Weasley. "Thank you for everything."

     "You too, dear," she said, releasing me. "Good luck with George."

      My lips stretched into a smile that didn't reach my eyes; I moved away quickly. As I quickly closed the window I was aware of George trying to catch my eye. I took my time waving goodbye as the train steam-rollers forward, but when the train has entered a tunnel, I didn't have a choice but to follow the others into the compartment.

     "So what was your holidays like, Angelina?" said Fred, making a brave stab of conversation while I was in my 'mood'.

     "Okay," Angelina responded brightly. "A little boring, here and there... but, overall, fine."

     "Ours was good," replied Fred. "Fun; we watched the Quidditch World Cup."

     "Ohh, my mum couldn't afford tickets!" groaned Angelina. "I bet it was awesome, though?"

     "It was entertaining," I mumbled, lost in thought. George shot me a look, which I ignored.

     "Well," said Fred when a silence stretched. "I think I need to go find Lee... Angelina, you want to come?"

     "No," I interrupted. "I'll go." I pushed Fred a little towards the door which he slid open, and we stride along the corridor, checking in every compartment.

     "What's happened?" asked Fred in a hushed tone.

     "Nothing."

     "Then why are you treating George like he's a sack of mouldy potatoes?"

     I looked up, surprised. "What?"

     "C'mon. I know you like him-"

     "-I-I don't-"

     "Don't lie to me, Will. So, you like him, and he kissed you. Dream come true, for you, or that's I thought. Now, you won't even be in the same room with him! What's happened?"

     I shook my head wearily. "George doesn't like me."

     "Are you kidding? That's all he talks about; your eyes, your smile, even your freckles! Why don't you just believe him?" he looked into my eyes, earnestly, and I suddenly felt a brotherly affection for Fred. I leant my head against his shoulder and, though surprised, he squeezed my shoulders.

     "I don't believe him," I murmured, "because- because..."

     "Because?"

     "Because he hasn't told me this, Fred! You've told me, but he hasn't done anything about his feelings for me has he? George only kissed me to protect the truth; the truth about me being Harry's sister!" I yelled. My hand clapped over my mouth as my heart accelerated, thudding in my ears. Fred's shocked as hell; his eyes were wide, mouth hanging open slightly.

     Holy crap, Dumbledore will kill me..

_____________________________

A/N: So, this is a short chapter. Sorry for the slow upload; I've lost my internet connection, and still haven't got it back! GAH! Either way, Hogwarts is next chapter :)

Edit: INTERNET IS BACK!!! WOOH!!!!!!!