Unfortunately for Nicolas they did not let him go in with her, so he was left alone pacing the reception corridor and counting the seconds as they went by. He saw the doctor entering the hospital and run to him. He described what had happened in a few words and asked him if he thought Maya or the baby were in any danger.

“I will have a better assertion of the whole situation when I see the tests I had the hospital staff run for me. But I don't think it is something to be worried about. I will be back to inform you as soon as possible.” The doctor told him.

“Doctor I don't want to delay you any further but is there any way that I can come with you and see Maya? I don't want her being all alone in there.”

“She is not all alone Nicolas but I will see what I can do.” He said and went through the sliding doors of the emergency room. As soon as the doors closed he started pacing up and down the corridor once again. He was going to make a hole in it before he learned what was wrong with Maya. The doctor came half an hour later finding Nicolas an emotional wreck.

“Doctor what took you so long? Is something terribly wrong with Maya and the baby?”

“No don't you worry they are both fine. She got stressed and her blood pressure elevated in levels that were not good either for her or the baby. She is better now that she has calmed down. I checked thoroughly both the mother and the baby and they are OK. I don't think they are going to face any more problems. But she has to be very careful. She is in her final trimester and an incident like this could get her in labour. The baby is big enough now that it can be delivered safely, but the more close we get to her due date the better.”

“OK I get it I will make sure she does not get excited like that again. Can I see her now?”

“I have her on a machine that monitors the baby's heart beat, and the sound of it made her sleep. That is the best medicine for her right now, so I am keeping her here to monitor her till tomorrow. You can go home and sleep a while and you can come back next morning to get them both.” He smiled at Nicolas.

“Doc, would you mind if I stayed with her. I promise not to wake her up. I won't be able to sleep at home anyway without her. And I would love to spend the night hearing the little fairy's heartbeat.” Nicolas looked helpfully at the doctor.

“OK I will arrange for you to stay in her room. Just don't wake her up.”

“I promise doc thanks you for everything and I am sorry for bringing you here at this time of night.”

“Hey don't worry, that is beauty of the job. I get all my rewards when I see your baby girl for the first time.” He winked at Nicolas and took him to Maya's room. When Nicolas entered the room the first thing he heard was the fast heartbeat of his baby girl. Tears started running from his eyes. He went to the chair near Maya's bed and looking at his beautiful fairy, he enjoyed listening to endearing sound of his baby fairy's heart. He did not sleep all night. He did not want to miss the faintness sound.

In the morning Maya woke up and the first thing she saw was Nicolas smiling at her.

“How are you feeling today sweetie?”

“I am good. It is nice to hear her isn't it?” She said and petted her belly. Her hand was replaced by Nicolas's. When his hand touched her belly, the baby's heartbeat elevated and he felt her kicking at his hand.

“Looks like she is already staking a claim on her momma. She doesn't want me monopolising your interest.” He said laughingly.

“Nah I don't think so. I believe she realised that her daddy is here and she wanted to give you a high five.” She smirked at him and he bended and kissed her. Around noon Maya was released and they went back home.

The next weeks passed quickly and the time for the baby to get born was getting close. Nicolas had tried to make that time as stress free as possible for Maya, which ended up being the most stressful time of Nicolas's life.

When her water broke they were at their apartment watching a baseball game of Maya's and Christy's favourite teams play. Thankfully Christy was with them and drove them to the hospital, because Nicolas seemed to have reached the final straw of his patience. He run around the apartment searching for her suitcase that they had ready for delivery time. Maya was looking at him bemused, because the suitcase was next to the exit door where they had placed it for when the right time came. He was running around panicked for about 10 minutes when Maya decided to put an end to it and stood up, waved at Christy to look at the door and headed there. Christy saw the suitcase and followed Maya shouting.

“The suitcase is by the door you dushbag. I am driving her there. You obviously are not in a condition to drive or function now. You can come with us if you like.” Nicolas looked at them sheepishly and followed them like a stray dog. When they reached the hospital he put the special gown and went into the delivery room with Maya. Twelve hours later full of breathing and pushing Nicolas went outside of the labour room to announce to Christy, his parents and her parents that were waiting for them, that the most beautiful fairy in the world was born a few minutes before. He assured them that both his fairies were great and that they would be able to see them in a while.

It was one of the best days of their lives. Maya nursed her pretty daughter, looking at her like she was some kind of miracle. She could not believe that she had actually made such a perfect baby. She loved her so much already and she was only a couple hours old. At least she took comfort in knowing that she was not the only one looking at her like a silly fool. Nicolas was constantly by her side wearing an even more ridiculous look while facing them both. It was like a dream. She felt so much love for her husband to be and baby and at the same time she felt totally and utterly loved. If someone had told her that her life would be this way a year back, she would have never believed them.

===========================================================================================

Hey hope you liked it

;-)

Love you all so much!!!!!!