Mentally Unstable [AU]

Inspired By: A story my friend, Jeffery, told me!

Cywren inhaled a deep breath of fresh oxygen, staring into the one-way-window that allowed her to see into her current patient's room.

It was rather spacious, about the size of a decent living room, except the walls and ceiling were cement. The ceiling was pretty tall as well, giving him plenty of room to breathe.

"Figure this one out yet?" Cywren's good friend, Doctor Lyons, asked. Cywren simply shook her head.

"It's a pretty severe case of schizophrenia," Cywren whispered, wanting to believe that the words leaving her own mouth were false.

But she knew they weren't.

This man had become a pretty good acquaintance of hers, but the voices in his head keep telling him otherwise. She'll walk in his room and hear him talking to the voices.

"Is he comfortable around you?" Doctor Lyons asked as Cywren shrugged.

"You tell me," Cywren answered bluntly, opening the door to his room, where a plexiglass wall separated the two from being able to touch.

"Mr. Timebomb? How are you today?" She asked as he approached the glass wall, smiling gleefully at her appearance and sitting down in front of the glass.

"Very good, Doctor Caster! And what about you?" He asked as she grinned, sitting in front of him. Their knees would be touching if it wasn't for the glass.

"I've been okay. Now, tell me, what are they telling you right now?" She asked as he tilted his head and looked up at her.

"They're telling me to kill you. But I won't listen to them because I like you," He spoke plainly. She was taken a bit aback.

"O-Oh? Well, thank you. So, I have a question for you," She spoke as he looked up at her and smiled.

"Yes? What is it?" He hissed, staring into her blue eyes as she shook her head.

"Do they like me?" She asked as he shrugged.

"They have mixed emotions for you. But don't worry about them. I won't let them hurt you," He spoke as she smiled and nodded.

He placed his hand up on the glass, then she pressed her hand against it from the other side.

"I'm gonna go. Alright?" She spoke as he scowled.

"They're louder when you leave..." He whispered as she was placed deep in thought.

"What if I brought in my partner?" She asked as he shook his head.

"They only grow quieter when you're here," He said as she slightly nodded.

"I'll just be gone for a second," She spoke as he nodded, watching her walk back into her office.

"That was... Strange," Sarah spoke as Cywren shrugged, grabbing file folders off her desk.

"What else is wrong? Surely it can't just be schizophrenia," Cywren thought out loud as Sarah sighed.

"I couldn't tell ya, Cy," Sarah spoke, resting her hand on Cywren's shoulder.

"It's called love, dingus!" A voice snapped from a cell on the other side of the room, both sets of eyes looking over at the woman in the cell who was diagnosed with dementia.

Veronica Santangelo.

"That's not a disorde-"

"Stop thinking with books! Think with your head!" Veronica snapped, making Cywren's heartbeat accelerate when she realized.

Veronica was right....