The green-eyed boy grinned widely, placing his hand over Troye's. "I think she's the one."

"I think so too." Troye whispered, his voice cracking as though he was going to cry.

The three continued to talk about Emma and her story of coming out so she would understand the crazy that was their life. At the beginning, Kehlani was confused and a little freaked out from the one part where they explained that Emma thought she was in love with Connor. But she later calmed down when realizing that it was her way of coming out when she didn't even realize.

Connor and Troye left Kehlani their phone numbers so they could set up a date for her and Emma before leaving the ice cream parlor. They had to go the doctor's office to get Troye's leg cast removed finally.

Looking back, the story of Connor and Troye was something you've heard a million times but with a plot twist. Everything in Connor's life had changed when the Mellet twins walked into his world. Most of his life, he walked through darkness without a helping hand or even a light, he was alone. Now, Troye and Emma were guiding him, they were his light.

Yeah, he had friends who were there for him but never in his life did he have a best friend. It sounded sad but almost every person he let into his life ended up screwing him over or almost killing him. That's why his group of friends; Zoe, Caspar, Alfie, and Joe didn't know much him. They tried, of course, but Connor never let them in far enough to get attached too quickly.

Emma and Troye sort of forced themselves into his life without realizing and were let in. All three went through tragic or scary events but they helped each other through it. Like when Nick brought a gun to school, Connor took care of Troye when the pale boy was shot in the leg. Or when Emma was confused with her sexuality, Connor and Troye both helped her realize that she was indeed gay. And when Troye went through the hardest breakup of his life, Emma was the biggest supporter during the entire process. They had been through a lot together, making them stick together for the rest of their lives.

And nothing could break them apart now.

-

Emma didn't go to school the following Monday. She stayed in bed all weekend, saying that she wasn't feeling well physically. It was true, she had a stomach bug since Friday and it seemed it was not going away.

Connor arrived at the Mellet house to bring Emma assignments and homework from all of her classes. She told him over text that she didn't think she would make it to school the next day so she asked him to bring her work, hoping to not get behind.

He was greeted by Laurelle, she was standing in the kitchen beside the stove. A giant pot sat next to her as she stirred a wooden spoon in every few minutes. She explained to Connor how sick Emma was and how they were going to the hospital if she wasn't better by the morning. It had been four days and was still as sick as she was on Friday. Worry was in her eyes, mentally praying that nothing was wrong with her daughter, something a pill could fix.

Once the conversation died down, Connor left the kitchen and strolled towards Emma's bedroom. He glanced at the room next to hers, which was Troye's, clothes were all over the floor but his bed was made. How weird. The pale boy wasn't at the house that afternoon, he was hanging out with Kian and Jc.

Chuckling with a shake of the head at the mess in the room, Connor placed his hand on the knob of Emma's door, opening it slowly with a soft knock. He was met with the girl in bed, her eyes focused on the laptop next to her as a show flashed at her. When she heard the knock, she glanced to the side and smiled when seeing Connor. "Hey, it's the afternoon already?"

"Yeah. Days always seem to go by faster when you're not at school. How are you feeling?" Connor asked, closing the door behind him when walking further into the bedroom. He placed the school work on the desk next to the door before making his way to the mattress where Emma laid.