CHAPTER 16- STEPHANIE'S WORD OF CAUTION

Start from the beginning

"But she is also my bestfriend! Do you actually think it was easy keeping this from you? I spent sleepless nights thinking whether I should tell you or not." Maria's voice was desperate. She couldn't stand Tanner being angry with her. "But Kisses trusts me that was why she told me and I can't break that trust."

"But you chose not to tell me. You chose to break my trust." Tanner looked at her disapprovingly and it hurt Maria. He turned and walked away. Maria stepped forward, tears starting to form in her eyes. She reached out her hand to try and grab him but Steph caught her and stopped her.

"Let him be. He is still confused with all these but he'll come around. You know he will," Steph said as she placed a hand on her shoulder. The two stood there as they watched the disappearing figure of a confused Tanner.

Heaven was standing on the balcony, fuming. What caught her attention were two figures that came into the garden in what seemed like a fight. Tanner and Steph. She heard everything. So she was Edward's slippery stepsister. What the heck! She never knew. They did really well in keeping it a secret and she was also really good in keeping it a secret. She knew everything about Edward and Delavin.

She snapped her head to the right as another figure came into view. Fabiana. It amused her to no end. She pretty sure that Fabiana knows everything about Delavin and Edward. She was the bestfriend anyway. And she was right. As she watched the argument in front of her, Tanner looked so betrayed by the two girls he trusted. Heaven smirked. It's her time to show up.

MARIA'S POV

PROM NIGHT

My heart was pounding as I got in the restroom with Steph. "You are his sister? How were you able to keep it from the whole school?"

Steph leaned against the wall and tilted her head up. "We just didn't talk about it. Before all these, only Marco and Kisses knew about that fact."

"You trust Kisses that much?" I asked.

"Yes, I knew Eddie likes her even when he masks it in that manner before. But yes, that was because he likes her and Kisses doesn't seem to care or notice and he was just too hung up with his reputation it was difficult for him to express it to her. Especially with their status as rivals? Only she can keep his fat mouth shut." She and Steph laughed at that.

"Anyway, going back. Should we tell Kisses and Barber about it?" I asked her.

"Not now. They are still too hyped about this and we'll have to break it by telling them about Tanner. What I'm worried about is...."She stopped.

I got her trail of thought. "Heaven. She's crazy about Barber." The look on Steph's face alarmed me. I don't know up to what extent will the happiness between the two will be but I want to protect my friend. "Do you think she'll do something?"

"To break them apart? Yes, I think she's capable. The way she is obsessed with Ed is so... How should I say it? Well she'll do anything to get Ed." I turned silent. Seems like this is not yet their happy ending.

KISSES' POV

After our dance, the world suddenly came back full volume. I looked around and all eyes were on us. My heart was pound fast and hard against my chest as realization came to me full force. We just declared our relationship in front of the whole student body. No, not necessarily the whole but yeah, the Juniors and Seniors and including our teachers, and by Monday, every soul in Barton will have found out.