Time Together

It wasn't very long before they were comfortably seated on the patch of grass in the save screen.

Maybe not very comfortably. Geno was hunched over in silent pain. And Death was sitting awkwardly with his cloak all over the place.

Silence.

Then Geno coughed.

Silence again.

Death could not stand the deafening silence.

"So um, how have you been? The wound thingy hadn't been too painful had it?" Death started.

He didn't expect that to pump Geno up.

"Oh ha, totally not painful. Toooootally. I'll have you know it is reeeaalllyyy nice having an eternally bleeding spot in the middle of your stomach. Yeah, great isn't it? I know, I know. Veeeeery nice, I assure you blaah blah blah blaaaahhh..." Geno ranted on and on, sarcasm quite obvious. All the while Death was cocking his head, amused, having regained his usual attitude.

After a little while of pouting, Geno swivelled his head to peek at the reaper. Death was smiling at the glitch with a cocked head and amused expression. "W-what are you looking at?" Classic tsundere-ish Geno.

"Oh my, you should have seen yourself. That was way too cute ~ " Death cooed, while reaching out a hand.

(Third person POV switch from Death to Geno)

Death reached out a hand.

Woah, did he...just flirt? What do I say? No one's ever flirted with me. What am I supposed to do? Geno could feel his face flush, his mind running wild. As much as he thought Death was annoying, he didn't want to appear dumb when he got flirted with.

And of course, being the ol' Geno, he didn't see Death's hand coming.

Death's hand lightly brushed Geno's face, and caressed his cheek. Geno, having not expected that, gave a violent jerk.

The consequence was immediate.

"uh - - UUGGGGG - - ERGH - !!!! AAARRRRGGGHHHHHHHHH!!"

Fresh red liquid quicky flowed onto the ground, into huge pools. Geno collapsed on the grass, wincing in pain. Fat tears slided out of his sockets as he gritted his teeth, trying to hold back the bloody shrieks of agony.

Well, guess who it triggered.

(Third person POV swap again)

"Oh God Geno! What was that for? Are you okay?! PLEASE DON'T DIE!!" Death's mind was nothing, nothing, but filled to the brim with panic. No, no, no, what if he dies? What if I lose him? What if I never - I - What if -

In the chaos of his mind, he suddenly felt a cold hand on his shoulder. He whipped his head around, and saw Geno trying to support himself using Death's shoulder, grunting in pain.

"..G-Geno? You're not dead! Oh, thank God!" Death was hysteric for a moment. He grabbed Geno in a tight hug. He knew Geno was okay now. It was all that mattered to him... Everything he saw, everything he needed, everything he sensed, everything he cared for -

...Just that precious little glitch...

Was what he couldn't bear to lose, he couldn't, he wouldn't.

He would never let Geno get any more hurt than he already is.

Never, never, ever.

"Ha...ha...I don't want to let go..."

I don't want to let go.
I don't want to lose him.
I just...
I...can't...lose...

(Quiet POV switch)

He was just a trembling, devastated skeleton desperately holding onto Geno, sobbing in relief and terror.

Geno's heart ached seeing him like this. He felt mad. Mad at himself. He's thought Death didn't give a shit about Geno, that Geno wad just an instrument of amusement to Death...
He had no idea Death would be so terrified if anything happened to Geno. He didn't know.

Death was still clinging on to Geno, hiccuping in between sobs.

It was heartwrenching.

Geno felt pity for the reaper.
Death really cared about him.

Geno sighed and shakily dabbed at his good eye with a finger and wrapped his arms around the reaper, pulling him close.

The whisper was soft, barely audible, but both of them heard it.

"....shhh...it's okay now...I'm here for you.

I promise I won't ever leave you."