Chapter 9

ok I should start first of all by apologising to all of you for waiting so patiently (like always). Also I've read all comments you've been writing. And I could not have been more happier from what I've read. Most comments made me laugh and I was so happy, I truly consider myself lucky that there was no negative comments. Thank you all sooo much. I've made this chapter extra long to show a fraction of my gratitude.

___________________________________________

Rosella's P.O.V

Dinner went by very slowly, it seemed the more I glanced at the clock, the slower the time went by. Everyone, including our new guest, Mr Vittadini, was seated comfortably in their seats, gracefully eating their food. They would talk every now and then, though they were small conversations.

Mr Vittadini, Gabriel's uncle, ate his food, whilst doing so, he would often observe the room, then compliment on an item he would spot. His eyes meet mine a couple of times, though I tried to ignore the uneasy feeling that was beginning to arise in my stomach, I couldn't help but try to divert my attention.

Gabriel, as if he noticed my discomfort, gave me a questioning expression. I smiled gently, offering the most believable smile I could muster before heading inside the kitchen to help my aunty.

It was something about that man that made me squirm. I don't know if I'm just being paranoid but something about him screams danger.

After all the work had been done, I went upstairs into my bedroom, it was pitch black and when I closed the door, I felt someone's arm encircle around my waist. I gasped and turned around, only to find Gabriel's eye's staring into mine.

I breathed out in relief and hugged him tightly. He did the same, protectively wrapping both arms around me. It felt so comforting, so easing to have him hold me. After everything that's been going on, I needed it.

"What's wrong, Rose?" He asked tenderly, slowly letting me go, now holding both of my hands in his. "Is it me? Have I done something to make you feel uncomfortable?"

I shook my head, "No, you couldn't have done anything."

"Then tell me what's on your mind. It pains me to see you like this; like you don't trust me."

I smile and without my consent, a tear runs down my cheek, I begin to cry softly.

"Rose, what's happened? You're scaring me. Tell me, I promise I'll ease your pain." He looks straight into my eyes, sincerity written all over his features.

I stare back at him, "Do you trust me, Gabriel?"

"Of course, you haven't me reason not to."

"Then why don't you believe me when I say Charlotte was lying to you?" I step away from him, creating a distance between us.

Gabriel inhales deeply, closing his eyes, he reopens them, "I know, I just couldn't accept the fact that she fooled me. Thinking she could get away with toying with me. I promise I'll never question you again, Rose."

"That doesn't prove anything! You treated me like an idiot, you called me a liar. What for? Because Charlotte played you a trick, you thought by hurting me, your ego, your pride would be restored? I'm not a toy either, Gabriel. You can't expect me to forget the hurt you caused me."

He clenches his jaw, muscles all over his body begin to stiffen. "Rose, what's it going to take for you to realise that I know my mistake now, I'm sorry."

I try to avoid his gaze, knowing one look will lead to my destruction. I cross my arms around myself and distance our bodies even further. "Please leave." I whispered.

He silently is about to leave, his back facing me, but he suddenly turns around, my eyebrows furrow in confusion but then he wraps his muscular hand around my wrist.

"Gabriel, what are you doing?" I state in a whisper-shout.

"You're coming with me, whether you like it or not, Rose."

I gasp, my eyes wide open, I don't want to attract anybody's attention so I keep my mouth shut, and pray no one will see us.

Gabriel starts dragging me down the stairs, his long strides make it very difficult for me catch up, to the point where I am now jogging behind him. He takes me out of the house, through the kitchen door. Once Gabriel opens the door, a cold air engulfs my body, causing goosebumps to form on my arms and legs as I am wearing a dress. Though Gabriel seems unfazed by the harsh winds.

He continues to tug my wrist as we distance further from the house, to the point where it is now out of sight and we are in the woods. I'm starting to feel a little anxious, where is he taking me? Why is he taking me?

Before anymore thoughts could cloud my mind, we near a little cottage. Gabriel opens the door, still with one hand on my wrist, to ensure I don't run away, not that I have any intention to do so.

When we enter, the cottage is fairly large and there is a fireplace all set, a couch with a blanket on it and a closed door which probably leads to a bedroom.

I continue to observe my surroundings, taking in everything.

"We are going to stay here, as long as it takes for you to understand that I'm sorry and I know that's not enough for you. But if I was to lose you, I would die."

I look into his eyes, as he grabs my hand, examining my wrist, he frowns. "I'm sorry, I didn't know I was hurting you so much." He brings my wrist to his lips and places a gentle kiss delicately onto it. I smile.

Even though I want to yell at him, slap him and possibly never forgive him. I can't bring myself to do anything to him but stare into his eyes. I know he hurt me. But I also know that without him, I would be hurting even more.

The dim light from the fireplace creates a romantic and exciting vibe. I can't help but stare at him. He does the same.

I look away, embarrassed. I've never felt this before, it's so strange, yet so compelling. It's like he has me under a spell.

He leans, extremely close, and places a kiss next to my lips, nearly touching them. I close my eyes, taking in the blissful feeling. We sit on the couch for a while and talk. I have my arms wrapped around him, with his wrapped around mine, with the blanket covering us.

I never in my life felt like how I do now. As we are talking, neither of us feel the need to sleep. He then begins to stare into my eyes, every now and then glancing at my lips.

He leans in this time, and places his tender lips on top of mine. Softly caressing mine. I close my eyes, enjoying the feeling, one I never felt before, mainly because I've never been kissed before. His hand slides under the blanket resting on my hip, as he pulls me closer to him, our torsos tightly pressed against each other.

I place my hand on his torso, between us, and feel the hardness of his abdomen beneath my fingertips. We stop for a moment as I lay on my back, his body hovering over mine. As we stare into each other's eyes, I feel a warmth inside me. His hands rest on either side of me and my hands are just by my sides now. He leans in again and begins placing kisses on my neck, it was almost as if a butterfly was flattering against my skin. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the feeling.

He suddenly stops to look at me and says in the softest voice. "I love you, Rose."

______________________________________

Please leave a comment, what do u guys think? is the story progressing too fast? What do you think of this chapter, their first kiss. yay!!