14

Katy

I was wandering around the scary school and was scared. I am sorry to say but I am just scared of everything so no one would be surprised if they found me dead, just because I had a heart attack and died. I started walking and saw a door infront of me. It read 

"Girl's Toilet"

Let me clear myself. nothing is more scary than an abandoned toilet. But i had to go in, maybe in  one of the stalls there might be a window and I could jump out and escape from here, that would be a good idea. I slowly made my hand towards the door knob and twisted it open. The door opened with a slight creek. I walked in, with heavy steps, making each step carefully. Perhaps my next step would make me fall in a grave.

The toilet gave me a vintage sensation, everything was broken as if a war had happened here

The toilet gave me a vintage sensation, everything was broken as if a war had happened here. I took a step when I heard a loud scream. I jumped and ad my hand over my heart, it was beating loudly. It was the most definitely Henley's scream. Maybe she had found an escape ?  Or maybe she had seen something she should have not seen. I tried to make out for the window but I know that everyone would follow that scream and gather around her leaving me alone in the abandoned toilet. I crossed my fingers and made my way out of the girls toilet hoping for the best.

While I was running I bumped into someone and fell on my back. I sat up rubbing my bottom and looked up to see the one and only Sia. I have never been so happy to see someone in my life. I got up and hugged her tightly.

"I am so glad to see you." Sia said hugging me back and I nodded, "the feelings are mutual." I said and let go of the hug. I asked her the reason she was running so blindly and scared ? She took a deep breath and sighed, " I heard the scream."

"I heard it too. It was Henley, maybe she is in trouble." I said and Sia nodded, we stood back on our feet and started running in the hallway, it was a big school and we had no idea where we were going. We stopped to hold our breaths and leaned against the locker.

"It is of no use. The school is big, we should have never left each other. We should have sticked together. We will never be able to find her or any one else." I said and broke into hysterical sobs and Sia patted my back and calmed me down.

"Shh...we will find a way out. Wait a minute..." Sia was speaking but she paused I looked at her with my blurry vision and tried to figure out what happened. There was complete silence when I finally figured out what was happening. I could hear laughs. Not one or two laughs but a lot of laughs. I looked up but there was no one. Now I was not only hearing laughs but also people talking. The laughs were very clear and audible, almost as if people were here.

"What is that ?" I whispered to Sia.

"I know. I have read a book similar to this. There are people here but we cannot see them, they can see us." Sia explained in the most silent tone ever.

"How ?" I asked with bewilderment.

"Remember that we are in an abandoned school ? There are ghosts here. But I am not certain whether they can see us or not but I suggest we make our way out of here. Don't run, they can sense us. Walk slowly, tip-toe if possible." She instructed and I nodded, we slowly took a step, another and an other and silently tried to walk away, the hallway became quieter and quieter when I realized that we have lost track of them and stopped. I looked at Sia who was already smiling in victory, proud of her love of books. We turned around and saw the last thing we wanted to see on earth.

Bethany.

Not only Bethany, she was talking to herself, she looked insane and she was crying, was she talking to someone we could not see or had she simply gone insane.

"Bethany ? Are you alright ?" Sia asked touching her shoulder, Henley froze and looked at her with a cold look, Sia got scared and jumped back. I tried to figure out what is going on. Her eyes were red, as in completely read, her face was marked with dry tears. Her look was horrifying.

"Kill you ! Kill you ! Kill you !" She whispered as she made her way towards us. "Is this some kind of pathetic joke ?" Sia asked, scared. She found a knife from the dusty furniture and started making her way towards us, but thank god, she was walking slowly. I zoomed past her and looked into the old furniture and found a stapler. I looked at it and aimed it towards Bethany, her back was facing me. Without a second thought, I threw it and it hit directly at her head and she fell on the ground. I smiled in relief.

"What the hell !?" Sia screamed and looked at me.

"Either be killed or kill." I said to her in a serious tone.

"I told you we have to make our way out alive. All of us. We should not be against each other." Sia screamed at me, panic written all over her face. There was a silent moment between us when all of a sudden Henley got up, she looked healthy, as if the stapler never hit her. She turned around and looked at me with an angry look and started walking towards me.

"You are gonna pay for this you bitch." She said and lunged towards me, I grabbed her wrists and tried to prevent the knife in her hand from slitting my throat apart. I was doing all I could and screamed loudly, hoping the other girls would find there way here.

"HELP ! Help me Sia god damn." I shouted at her and Sia nodded. She looked in the furniture and found one of those skipping ropes, she was clueless what to do with it but she made her way towards me, fast. She started tying her rope around Henley's neck and pulled her back choking her till she lost breath and fell on the floor.