I climbed completely out from under the covers letting the feeling of safety that had been beating at my walls take over as I slowly reached my hand out to his face. I slowly and ever so gently placed my hands on his cheek. Tingles came across my fingertips and spread throughout my hand. I let my whole hand cup his cheek and watched as he closed his eyes and turned his head till his lips were kissing my hand.

His lips were so soft against my hand. “What did you mean by you don’t have a mate,” his words snapped me out of my daze. I thought for a moment, wondering if I should trust him. He may be my mate but my own parents and brother as well as pack didn’t love me. What made me think he would.

I felt my heart break at that thought and I decided to just give him a chance, “I can’t shift.” I closed my eyes so I wouldn’t see the disgust or anger on his face. When I felt his body shift on the bed I cringed away expecting a blow. Instead I felt arms go around me pulling me against his chest.

It felt so good being next to him that I didn’t have the strength to pull away. “I don’t care if you can’t shift. You’re my mate, MINE. I love you for you, besides I’ve already met your wolf Arianna,” I looked up at him confused. “Arianna came as soon as I got you home after the doctor checked you over. She took off to get some food a little while ago,” he said his lips pressed into my hair.

Arianna was here? ‘Arianna?’ I thought through our link. ‘Yes my child I’m glad you’re awake and have finally met ou-your mate. I’m in the trees surrounding the house hunting, I will be up when I’m done,’ she said back. I sighed in relief. At least she was safe.

I pulled out of his arms even though every muscle screamed at me not to. Just because he was my mate doesn’t mean I can trust him. That had to be earned and the only one successful at that was Arianna.

He frowned as I pulled away but my face must have told him not to push it. Before the silence got to bad my stomach gave a fierce growl. I blushed a deep red before looking at him hopefully. He laughed and said, “I better feed that tummy of yours before it decides to eat me.”

“Grr,” I gave a playful growl smiling at him. I couldn’t help it! He was so gorgeous and my body was screaming at me to go to him. He had a fake scared look on his face before he busted out laughing. Holding out his hand for me to take he led me down stairs.

The house seemed empty as we walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. When he got in to the kitchen he ran his hand through his hair nervously. The motion had me mesmerized as I imagined my hands running through his hair as I pulled him closer and… wait what am I thinking?

I gave myself a mental shake as he said, “So cereal or toast. I’m afraid that’s all I know how to cook for breakfast.” I laughed shaking my head before I made my way to the icebox. I may have been living in the wild but I still remembered how to cook.

After grabbing out the things I needed for sausage, bacon, eggs, and cheese toast I set to making breakfast. He leaned against the counter for a while before he got in my way then sat at the table watching my movements with awe.

When I had everything made I set it out on the table before grabbing him and myself a plate. I made myself an extra-large glass of milk, something I’d missed dearly. He grabbed himself a pop before sitting back down across from me and pilling his plate high with food watching my every move as I did the same.