"You're gonna regret that" He says, angry and going to talk to Alby.

You knew you screwed up but now there was nothing else to do.

Time skip

The next day, Alby grabbed you by your arm and put you in front of the doors.

"What are you doing?" You ask, scared.

Every glader started to positionate around the doors and the keepers with their big sticks.

"Isabella is going to be banished by hitting another glader! If you survive one night in the maze and you manage to come back, you can return and we have to keep you again."

"Wait... Hitting another glader? He was trying to have sex with me without consent!" You yell, very angry and scared of what would happen.

Gally looks at you, smiling evyly, and all the gladers put themselves in position to push you into the maze. The doors start to close and they got themselves positioned. You enter the maze by your choice, crying while you walked in there.

.............................................................

It was getting dark and you had no idea what to do. You started hearing the grievers and your heart almost stopped. You hid yourself in the corner, wating for the griever to appear. He walks to the corner and you instantly start to run in the oposite direction. He runs after you and you run through the maze like you knew it as well as the palm of your hand. Some walls start to close and a big corridor is about to end. You have a plan so you wait for the griever to almost reach you and then, start to run through the closing corridor with him on your back. The walls are almost closed and you are almost reaching the end and the griever is almost reaching when suddenly!!!!!!!!!!!

The corridor closed... And griever smashed. And you're safe.

You return to the maze doors, waiting for them to open.

.............................................................

Meanwhile, in the glade...

Newt's POV:

I feel empty inside without her presence here. I'm so shucking stupid for not even talking to her once, not backing her up when they were talking bad things about her, not talking to Alby about banishing her... And now she's gone. Thomas and Minho are my friends but I can't even tell them how I feel about this girl that everyone hates. They are always trying to use her and the only time I managed to protect her a bit was by getting a way of getting them away from her as soon as possible. I'm such a bad person for doing this to the person I love.

"Hey, man. What are you thinking about?" Thomas asks you, bringing you again to the real life.

"Nothing in particular... Just about this shucking place."

"Newt, don't lie to us... We are really close friends of yours and we can know when you're lieing. And we can tell you too that you can talk to us about anything" Thomas says.

"Guys... It's really nothing"

"The fact that you keep saying that is the proof that you're lieing."

"Okay got it!!! I'm in love with Isabelle!! The girl that eveyone in this shucking glade hates with no reason!! She was never mean with anybody, she never really talked to nobody and nobody knows a single thing about her but keep on hating her anyways, right? I'm sick of it! And now she's gone... Because of something that I'm pretty sure she said the truth" I explode and walk away angryly to go talk to Gally.

"Hey, man! Wassup?" Gally greeted me, smiling.

"Don't put that fake smile on, Gally! What did you tell Isabella for her to hit you?" I ask, really angry.

"I didn't say anything! I just passed by and said hello and I didn't even finish my word when she hit me and said she wasn't in the mood for my klunk" He says, with his hands in the air.

I grab him by his shirt and push him against the maze wall.

"I'm not gonna ask again, you son of a griever... Tell me right now or I'll tell Alby to banish you for beating me up!"

"Okay okay! Jeez... I asked if she wanted something in my bedroom. She politely declined and we went our separate ways"

"I know you, Gally... You wouldn't do something like that. You wouldn't be so gentle" I let go of his shirt and run to the maze doors which were just opening.

Your POV:

The doors were opening and you were deciding if you should enter the glade or, once you survived, live in the maze till the end. You decided to have a second chance so you started to walk in the glade when someone knocks you over to the ground and hugs you close on the floor.

"I'm so sorry for not standing up for you, Isabelle... I'm so sorry for not protecting you" You recognize the accent and see Newt crying onto your chest.

You quickly pull away and stand up looking at him. He stands up right after and stares at you.

"Izzy, I'm not lieing... I really care about you"

"Well... You don't really know me"

"That's right, I don't... But I would love to"

"Okay... Who told you to say that? I'm sick of people trying to get in my feelings the worst ways" You started looking around for someone but didn't see anyone in particular.

"I'm serious!! Believe me... I just..." He scratches the back of his head.

"You what?" You ask, not believing what you were listening.

"I love you" He says really serious, looking into your eyes.

You stand there shocked by his confession.

"I don't care if you don't feel the same way... I just wanted you to know that from now on I won't be scared from protecting you and standing up for you. I'll be here for whatever you need and I just want you to be happy"

You can't believe it but you smile really hard.

"What?" He asks, laughing a bit.

You run to his arms and while hugging him, you kiss him passionately. He kisses back instantly and hugs you with all the care and softness.

"I love you too, Newt" you say, whispering in his ear, not letting him go.
------------------------------------------------------
Hope you like it! 😉

I'm so so sooooooo sorry for the time I took to write this but I got my phone away and obly got it a month ago... While that month passed, I was really struggling with some personal problems and didn't feel like writing or didn't have the time for it.
Well, the good thing it's that I finally posted sooo... Enjoy😊

Catherine❤❤