Chapter 18

Ryan took a few steps back from me and scratched his neck nervously. I could feel the heat rising in my cheeks and looked over to find both girls watching us intently. After a few minutes of awkward silence, Ryan cleared his throat causing me to slightly jump.

"I'm going to go check on Leo." He said making a dash to the doorway the Leo had gone through. I let my shoulders fall in defeat as I now fully turned and faced the girls who faced me with sly grins. I felt the heat rise in my cheeks once more but stayed silent. Grayson took this as I wouldn't crack so instead she simply laughed and came up and hugged me.

"To be honest, I'm kind of sad I stopped that kiss. I could tell you liked him but I didn't think that much. Doesn't help that he seems pretty into you as well." Grayson said and I looked at Rebby who only nodded her head in agreement. Letting out a groan I walked over and began grabbing all the stuff everyone had found and piled it up.

"So what if he likes me? Doesn't mean he'll choose me if another hot girl were to walk in front of him. He'd probably just run for her. I'm not exactly a prize to have." I said and I could feel my stomach beginning to knot and my hands started shaking. It probably was true. As much as I didn't want it to be I was probably right. I wasn't a special person to have around. If anything I would be the reason that someone got hurt. I mean look at the situation we are in now, this is all because of me. Who would want someone like me in their life if all that's was going to happen was them getting hurt? "I'm not important enough for anyone to keep around."

"Don't you dare ever say that?" I heard someone's voice boom out causing me to flinch. I didn't look at them, just simply kept my eyes on the table. I knew who voice it was and it made things even worse that he had heard me. I just stayed silent as he said: "Guys just meet us outside, I need to talk to her for a minute."

I waited for a minute as I listened to the sound of feet slowly receding from the room. I felt my eyes start to burn from unshed tears because I knew what was going to happen.

"Why would you say that?" I heard Ryan ask quietly. I could feel him looking at me and I could feel the tears start falling.

"Because it's true. All of it is true. You know it is." I said and you could tell I was crying by the way my voice cracked. I hated crying so much because it made me feel weak and vulnerable. I felt Ryan's hands wrap around my waist and try to make me look at him but I wouldn't budge. I wasn't going to let him see my face. Figuring this out he decided to do the next best thing and picked me up setting me on the table to look at him. I was too surprised to say anything as he stood between my legs and looked at me. But just when I was about to say something he smashed his lips on mine. It took me a second to get through the shock of what was happening but soon enough I kissed him back. One hand came up to cup my cheek while the other hand pressed me against him. I wound my arms around his neck and let my fingers glide through his hair. At first, the kiss was slow and sweet but is soon began to grow more heated as he nipped at my bottom lip and running his tongue across it causing me to let out a small moan. It was beginning to get hard to breathe and I pulled away from Ryan. We just sat there for a moment looking at each other panting slightly. Then he leaned his forehead against mine and I let my eyes fall closed.

"You are extremely important to me, never think you aren't," Ryan said and I nodded not knowing what to say. He then placed a lingering kiss on my forehead and smiled. "We should probably head out with everyone else."

"Okay." Was all I could bring myself to say as he helped me off the table and held my hand as we joined the others.