Bonus Chapter: Family

Start from the beginning

Sighing heavily, he places the packet of cigarettes back in his pocket and runs a hand over his head. "Esme's pregnant."

I look at him in surprise, a grin taking over my features. "What? Congratulations, man."

I pat him on the shoulder and he forces a smile and nods. What the fuck? Shouldn't he be fucking ecstatic? I know I would be.

"With twins, Louis." He sighs heavily again, crossing his arms over his chest.

Well, damn.

"Uh-oh, double the trouble," I say, trying to lighten up the mood. "Man, that's a blessing."

"Aye, but Dana's still so young, and now two babies are coming along, it's going to be much of a hassle," he complains, smiling a bit as he looks at Dana playing with Gamila and my boys. "We barely had any sleep when Dana came, imagine when the twins come."

"Yeah," I agree. "Imagine the happiness that'll fill your heart when they do come."

"What?"

I shake my head at him. "Kids are a blessing, Boyd. You'll never truly appreciate them until they grow up and start having a life outside of your circle. They fill your home with warmness, happiness and life. Hell, it's not home without them."

"I know." He speaks quietly, his eyes never leaving his daughter with a smile drawn on his lips.

"You know, Tallulah and I have been trying to have another baby." I inform him.

We are, we still want that baby girl who will complete our family. I want her so badly. Though, something is just not adding up, we wouldn't get pregnant, and I have got no idea why. I have been insisting that we see a doctor, but Tallulah has been so scared to go.

"You are?" The surprise is clear in his voice.

"Yeah," I answer him, grabbing a bottle of water and taking a gulp. "I'd have another eight if we could, but we just want that baby for now."

"Why, if you don't mind me asking?" He asks, giving me his full attention.

"Why not?" I ask him back with a smirk. "I'm still thirty nine, Tallulah's thirty five, we still have the glow within us, so why not? Why not brighten that glow even more, you know?"

From afar, I see my wife, Wren and Esme walking towards us, with wide grins over their face, but my eyes are only on Tallulah and Tallulah only. She keeps her hair short now, ever since I cut it for her almost nine years ago when I proposed.

She looks as beautiful as she always looked, her bright eyes shining under the sun, her body adorned with one of those jumpsuits that she has grown to love lately, and her feet in one of my Adidas shoes.

Yes, my feet aren't big, chill out.

"Thanks, Louis," Boyd tells me as our women walk over to us. "I think I needed to hear that."

"It's alright, mate," I smirk. "We all freak out at some point."

"Hello!" Tallulah greets widely, leaning down to press a peck against my lips as Harry and Niall both walk over to us, as Esme and Wren head to their partners.

"Hey, love," I kiss her cheek once she sits on my lap. "How's everything?"

"Great," she smiles at me. "How are you? Made any progress with Elliot?"

"You should ask Evan that, he won't even let me practice with him, says he's better at football anyway." I tell her with a wide smile and she laughs.

"I'm sure he got that sass from you."

"Yeah," I laugh, squeezing her thigh a bit. "How was your day?"