9.

'The only truth, Everything comes back to you'

-

I'm not sure how this is all supposed to play out, or what I'm expecting to happen. All I know, is that my life has been a series of unfortunate events and the only source of happiness was Harry.

I've broken my own heart into billions of pieces, for him. I thought, maybe being on my own was what was best for me but I am the best I can be when I'm with him.

The person I was before I met him and the person I am now, after almost 3 years of knowing Harry; Are two distinct people. Two complete polar opposites.

No matter the situations and the conflicts we both went through. I wasn't the only one going through this, Harry is too. I have to understand that, they, well he wanted to kill Harry. Harry is the target, I just happen to be the one who's standing in the way.

"Earth to Scarlett, what's up babe?" Em asks, cautiously sipping out of a cup of hot coffee as she sits criss-cross on the living room carpet. Looking up at me, as I am sat the same way, just atop of the sofa.

"It's happening" I murmur, my stare gazing at god knows what, my thoughts running wild as I just blabber on.

"You'll be alright S, he's here. He's always been there, he saved you from them the last time and nothing will stop him from doing it again"

I catch a shiver down my spine as the memory envelops me again. I look down at my finger nails, twirling as I finding the right words to say.

"I love him Em. I- I need him here but-"

"'Morning ladies. Am I so rudely interrupting a rather dashing conversation?"

I roll my eyes, quickly bringing my fist up to my chin as to play it cool. "Hop off your high horse, and sit down" I mumble.

"Actually I got errand to run. Ill be back soon yeah? Call my cell if anything, put me on speed dial" Harry stands by the frame of the living room entrance. Crossing his slender arms across his chest as the washed flannel opens slightly, revealing the bird tattoos I was so infatuated with.

"C'mon then, I'm not leaving until I see that you've put me on speed dial" He chuckles, cheekily grinning as he notices that I've just kept my stare on him.

I shake my head and take my phone out of my pajama pocket. I search for the most recent calls and find his number, quickly setting it to my speed dial.

"Done"

I lick my lips as I see him just stare at me.

Trudging towards me, my heart beat picks up. He lightly holds onto my head, taking his fingertips into my hair, the familiar metal rings touching me with a cold shiver. A light kiss was placed on my forehead, a long 7 seconds I obviously kept count of.

"Your safe. As long as I'm around, you always will be"

-

~

The dark alley ways seem to bounce off that uneasy feeling, it didn't help that the only source of sound was the light thuds of my boots onto the wet cement.  I huffed out, shoving my hands deeper into my trench coat pockets, the 35 degree was something I'll never get used too. Leading my way into the direction he said he had sent me, I had to get there and be back just in time for Scar not to suspect a thing.

She always seemed to know my intentions, or my whereabouts.

Looking around, the glimpse of a curl falling atop of my eyelid scares me as I lightly jump in the direction of an even darker alley way. This was it.

"Didn't think you'd show. The Styles clan has never really been good with keeping their word"

My skin crawls at the sound of the eery texture of his voice.

"I'm here. Do as you please, just leave the princess be"

Light thuds of puddles come from the other end as a shadow appears, the stocked frame all too familiar. 

"That's where your wronged. I no longer feel the need to avenge of you, it's the princess I want. And I will do everything and anything to clear the Santos name. Turns out, the Styles weren't the only ones to have wronged me or my family. Ill be damned to let her pass by while I've got a choke hold of her life. I've spent too many years fixated on you, when I've come to the realization, she's the chosen one all along"

-

Short update! But it's a start to an intense journey for this sequel. Bare with me 😊