Chapter 69

TBR 69

Kana

Love is patient...

Love is kind...

Love bears all things,

Believes all things,

Hopes all things,

Endures all things.

Please bear with me, Kanon. For this will be the last pain I would inflict.

I heard her loud and clear last night. How she apologized and how she wept for me. I never wanted her to pity me. That's the last thing I would want from her.

Because all I ever wanted from her was her love.

But I know I could never have the only thing that I ever wished and prayed for in this miserable life of mine.

She made me realize that in love, you should know when to hold on and when to let go...

I guess, I have to let her go.

That will be my way of loving her.

But I only have one last request before I do that...

And that is...

"You're awake..." Kanon muttered with her usual smile. Iyong ngiting puno ng pag-intindi at puno ng sinseridad.

Pagmulat pa lamang ng aking mga mata, ay ang maamong mukha niya na agad ang bumungad sa akin.

She never left my side. She stayed with me the whole night here at the hospital.

Kahit na nanghihina pa ay pinilit kong suklian ang kanyang mga ngiti at pilit inabot ang kanyang kamay upang haplusin.

"I missed you..." I said almost a whisper and I saw how Kanon's eyes water.

I did miss her. That's truly how I felt at that very moment.

I missed her. I miss her. And I will miss her.

"Nagugutom ka na ba?" her voice cracked as she asked me this. Nakangiti pa rin siya sa akin kahit na ba puno ng lungkot at luha ang kanyang mga mata.

I shook my head in response at pilit pinakatitigan ang maamo niyang mukha. Minememorya ang bawat sulok. Mula sa kanyang mahahabang pilik mata, magandang mga mata, matangos na ilong, hanggang sa malalambot niyang mga labing minsan ko ng nahalikan.

My unwounded hand slowly reached for her lovely face, and caressed it like it would be the last. My last.

Napapikit siya ng mariin sa aking paghaplos habang parang ulang naguunahan sa pagbagsak ang kanyang mga luha.

"Teka, ikukuha kita ng pagkain." Pag-iiba niya, at akmang tatayo na but I was able to stop her and grab her by her wrist.

"Isang araw." I uttered at binigyan niya ako ng nagtatanong na tingin.

"Just give me one day, Kanon. Kapag nakalabas ako dito... Be my pretend girlfriend again for a day. Stay by my side and pretend that you're in love with me. After that... I'll set you free." I smiled at her as my tears began to fall.

------

Kanon