|Chapter 25|

Ana's POV

Christian carries me through his and takes me to his bedroom. I am just silent and have not said a word since he got me out of there. I just don't want to relive the moments. He urged me many times to atleast say a word but after trying for an hour he stopped asking and probably realised that I was not going to talk any time soon.

Christian takes me to his room and lays me on his bed. Suddenly someone barges in through the door and I flinch in fear. Christian noticed it probably because he sits next to me on the bed and strokes my hair.
" hey hey. It's okay baby. It's just my mom. She's gonna take a look at you."

Grace comes and takes Christian's place and looks at me with testy eyes.
"We're so glad that you're back sweet girl. We have missed you dearly." And a tear slides down her cheek.

I know I am not reacting and am looking at her with blank eyes, void of any emotion. She stretches out her hand towards me and starts touching me to check if I have any injuries.

I am trying to remain calm but my head is screaming danger to me. I am freaking out from inside. I don't want anyone to touch me and see what that son of a bitch did to me.

As soon as she touches my arm, I lose it. I back up to the other corner of the bed and I know I'm crying.
"No! Don't touch me!"
And I start sobbing hysterically.

"Please please please" I whisper as I slowly drift into sleep.

---------------------------------

Christian's POV

I think I'm living my worst nightmare.
My beautiful girl. He tainted  her. He mad her hate touch. Like me.
But how does he know me, how come he knows about my scars.

Ana is asleep and I can't help but lift the sleeves of my t shirt that she is wearing to see if he actually did it to her.

And I see them. Three fresh red round burn wounds just like mine.
My heart is beating so fast and I can't help it when a tear falls down my cheek.
I leave her to sleep after kissing her on the forehead and go down to the living room where everyone is.
As soon as I enter, they all look at me.
Mom asks me. "Is it really true Christian?"

I keep my head down and give them a slight nod.

Grace starts crying and Luke and Ray come up to me.
"Show us to your room Christian, we're gonna see her." Luke says.

I hesitate but he glares my way. " I said I want to see her Christian. Right now."

I nod and take them to my room. As we walk inside, Ana is still asleep. Luke sits down next to her and takes her hand. Ray is just standing behind him.

Luke rests his hand on her forehead and caresses her hair. Slowly Ana's eyes open and fur the first time, stoic Luke Steele's eyes fill up with tears. He bends down and plants a kiss on her forehead.

Ana looks up at him and jumps up into his arms. His arms wrap around her as she sobs into his neck.

"Shh shh it's okay. You're okay. I'm here baby girl. I'll always be here. Now hush."

He tries to pull her back but she clings to him as if he's the only one who exists in her world. And I realise that I am not feeling jealous.

Yes, I would love to be the one that Ana trusts so much, who could take all her pain away, like Luke is to her. But I understand what both of them have faced together. And what they have been through.

Coming out of my thoughts, I look at Ray but he hasn't said a word till now. He looks up at me and keeps eye contact for a few seconds before he simply walks out of the room.

I nod at Luke who is looking at me and then walk out of the room as well to give them their space.

As I walk down the stairs, I think about why Ray did not say a thing. And I realise that maybe Ray is insecure. He is insecure about losing his daughter. He regrets not being there for her because now her brother is more of a father figure to Ana than Ray himself.

The poor man. I think he should actually start working on building a relationship with Ana rather than just ignoring the matter and keeping his feelings to himself.

Shaking me head, I walk back down to the living room. This time, thinking about how to heal my baby.

----------------------------------

Hey guyssss
Hope you liked this chapter.