Chapter 2

We drive in two seperate cars.

Daisy, Alyson, Stephanie and Hunter in the car in front of me and I, alone in my car. We are on our way to Daisy's house.

As we drive through the streets of LA. I see the palm trees. The ocean on my one side the beach houses on the other. The houses get bigger the more we go into the city.

The houses have such a beach vibe. Making me feel relaxed, which I didn't think was possible. Because of all the stress of a new school, new family, new people, new impression to everyone at LA High, new people I need to be nice to... great.

We stop at Daisy's house which is looking the same as ever. The same beach blue, two story, old Victorian style beach house. It always had an empty room. Now I am guessing I would call it my own, call this house a home. Knowing that it won't be easy to adapt to their lifestyle and the people here in LA.

I climb out of my car and get my suitcase and carry on not before putting my phone safely tucked away in my jean's pocket from anyone who would possibly try and take it. It is not that I feel guilty if someone looks at my phone. It is just that I don't want Daisy, Mr Listesso, Alyson and most of all not Stephanie seeing that I have Hunter's number on my phone only minutes after getting in LA. Never mind I'll just keep it all to myself. I just need to make sure nobody sees Hunter's number on my phone not even Alyson.

Suddenly a voice breaks me out of my rambling thoughts ,"Hey, I am gonna show you to your room. Just follow me, Leah. All your stuff have been arranged in your room, you can rearrange it if you want to."

I look at Alyson and say ,"Thanks, I really appreciate all the effort you guys are going through just for me."

She starts to walk and I walk after her. We walk past Hunter and Stephanie and see they are having a serious talk. As we walk past them she continues ,"It's not effort, Leah. You are practically family."

We walk past the living room and up the stairs, past three rooms and get to the empty room which is next to Alyson's room. We walk in and it has all the stuff from my old room. It looks amazing. "I love it."

Alyson looks at me and says ,"It does look good doesn't it. My mom and I decorated it. Stephanie didn't want to help." I nod and say ,"Yeah, no surprise there." She shrugs and before she could say anything I say ,"Thanks, though. I love it."

Just as I go and sit down on my bed Daisy is by my bedroom door. She smiles and says ,"Looks cute right?" I nod and say ,"Much more then cute, Daisy. Amazing. Thanks for everything you are doing for me. It means the world to me. Especially now... you are going through all this effort just for me."

She walks in and comes and sits beside me on my bed, looks at me and says ,"There's no effort going on here. We just invited a new family member into our home. Which in my opinion, isn't effort. It is just love."

I lean my head onto her shoulder and say ,"I am so happy to officially be part of the family." Alyson comes and kneels in front of me, looks at me and says ,"Yeah so are we and we really do love you."

Just as if she is on que to destroy this beautiful moment Stephanie and Hunter walk and stand by the door. I lean off of Daisy and sit up right just staring at them. Suddenly Stephanie says ,"Aww how cute little miss orphan finally found a home." I glare at her and say ,"Oh look little miss high and popular found a dress short enough to cover her ego and IQ, how cute."

I can see the edges of Hunter's lips curl up as if he wants to laugh but the grin is quickly wiped off his face when Stephanie looks at him and says ,"Can you believe what she just said babe." I can see he wants to say yes but he shakes his head and says ,"No, I can't. How could she?" I can hear the sarcasm in his voice but clearly Stephanie doesn't. A smile escapes my face just as he said that. She then says ,"Oh don't you worry miss orphan I will be back."