Chapter 3

(Your POV)

It's like I had no choice but to follow him, my mind was a void of any thoughts.

"Hey!, where do you think you're going!" A voice screamed at me, causing me to snap out of whatever trance I was in and turn around. There was a young man in his early 20's, he also wore a work outfit. I was confused at first, I totally forgot what I was doing at that moment. I turned around to see that the man that was leading me wasn't there anymore.

The worker walked up to me and grabbed my wrist, dragging me away from the hallway I was in. I went to speak up but he beat me to it.

"What the hell were you thinking? Most of the workers here aren't even allowed down that hall, what makes you think you could just waltz down that hallway?" I was flabbergasted at the moment but composed myself.

"There was a man claiming he dropped... uh," I couldn't remember what it was, "Something down that hallway, I was going to ask him why he was down there in the first place but then things went fuzzy and..." that's all I could remember, "Then you started yelling at me." i finished my explanation, but still tried to remember the missing memories.

The man stopped in his tracks and turned around. His face was deadly pale and he had a look of dread. "What did he look like?" I went to reply but I couldn't remember any features. "Um, the only thing I can remember was his raven lock. He looked at me with fear.

"You can't work here, I'm sorry, I don't know who even offered you the job but we aren't hiring." He stated, dragging me to the front entrance where Jasmine was waving goodbye to the last group. She looked over at us and smiled.

"Hey Travis, I'm glad you met the new gal! I was hoping you guys could work together since you're the only one who works the night shift" She gleamed. The man, know known as Travis, angrily walked over to Jasmine and dragged her far away enough so I couldn't hear their conversation.

They chatted for a bit before coming back over. Travis stood in front of me with his arms crossed. "Show me the flyer." He asked, with a look of doubt. I went over to the counter to grab my jacket and scrambled through the pockets until I felt the flyer. I pulled it out and handed it to the doubtful teen. He looked at it for a bit, he had a look of disbelievement

"Where did you find this?" He asked looking up at me, i noticed his hands were getting shaky.

"It appeared in my pile of newspapers when i was looking for a summer job." I stated. He crumbled the flyer and tossed it in the trash bin. I was a bit upset since the flyer looked cool but nothing to cry over.

"Alright, tomorrow i'll show you the ins and outs of the asylum, for now, just go home." He scoffed, looking off to the side, trying to look anger but I could see the fear in his eyes, I wonder why he's so worked up about this.

Jasmine cheered and kissed Travis on the cheek, causing him to blush before saying thank you and goodbye and ran out the door.

"Are you two dating?" I asked. He blushed even more and told me no and that he would see me tomorrow. I waved goodbye and left, hopping on my bike and made my way home.  

( Chapter 3 finally done, also keep an eye out for Chapter 3.5, I'll be releasing that one in about 10-15 minutes, anyways, I hoped you enjoyed this chapter!)