3. Welcome to Lucifenia

Reina: Timeskip to Riliane's birthday.

Chapter 3: Welcome to Lucifenia

A few months later....

"We're almost there, Empress," Yoshi assured as he leaned back a bit, facing you and Li. "Then we can get out of the stupid carriage."

"Is it necessary for me to go to Princess Riliane's birthday?" You ask. "I'm too old for parties..."

"King Thorny Elphen is there as well," Li pointed out. "We need to take every opportunity to mend relations with Elphegort and Lucifenia."

"Boring," Yoshi grumbled. "I want to destroy them."

Li pinched the bridge of his nose. "Yoshi, seriously. You're too violent."

"And you, my dear Li, are to pacifistic."

"We don't need another war," Li insisted.

"Boring," Yoshi grumbled. He stretched, then suddenly struck Li in the shin. Li yelped, then scowled. "Yoshi!"

Yoshi began to laugh. Li took his glove off and slapped Yoshi in the face, stunning him. Yoshi blinked and raised his sleeve. "You want to go fight?"

You scowled and snapped. "YOSHI INVIDIA! YEN LI! SHUT UP OR I WILL THROW YOU OUT OF THIS CARRIAGE!"

Both boys jumped and backed away from you, fear in their eyes. You look out the carriage, then gasped. "Oh my Levia..."

"What is it?" Yoshi asked.

"Everyone's starving..." You whisper.

Li gave an awkward cough. "I heard rumors, Empress, but I didn't know for sure. I offered some food to Lucifenia to feed their citizens."

"But it isn't enough..." You murmured.

"We can send a letter to Mercedes," Yoshi suggested. "Perhaps we can offer some more food."

"Sounds fair enough," you reply.

Eventually, you reach the Lucifenian castle. The carriage door opens, with Li and Yoshi exiting first. Li offered you his hand, and you took it, gracefully exiting the carriage.

A servant with blonde hair and blue eyes in a yellow outfit walked out and bowed when he met you. "Welcome, Empress Y/N. Princess Riliane awaits you."

You follow him into the castle with Li and Yoshi trailing behind. After some walking, you reach the throne room, where Princess Riliane sat. She gave you a pride smile.

"Empress Y/N. Thank you for visiting us."

You curtsey. "You're welcome, Queen Riliane."

"Princess," she corrected. "My mother was the queen."

"My mistake," you apologize.

She stood up and pointed her finger towards the ground. "Now, kneel before me."

You could hear Yoshi began to protest, but you heard him hiss, as Li probably stepped on his foot. You didn't pay much attention, as you had already bowed.

After a few seconds, Riliane motioned for you to rise, giving you a haughty stare. "Allen will show you to your room. Afterwards, I insist on you having a snack with me."

You nod and follow a servant who motioned for you to follow. You walk behind him, and thanked him.

"Thank you, Allen."

"No, thank you," he countered. "You have offered our country food. We are in your debt, Empress Y/N."

You reached your room. "Your room is here. I'll fetch you in a bit for snack time. Your servants may rest here."

You nod, and as soon as he leaves, Yoshi explodes.

"Why did Riliane insist on making Y/N bow! That's disrespect!"

"I agree," you reply. "It was humiliating."

"Don't say that to her face," Li explained. "Riliane has a habit of executing those who speak out against her. She also wants to get her way, so it's best to pacify her in Lucifenia."

"She does?" You ask worriedly.

Li nods. "I spoke a bit with Allen, and he accidentally let it slip that she nearly executed him for letting her win a game of tag."

"What the hell?" You hiss. "That's stupid."

"Not in her eyes," Li warned. "Be careful, Empress."

You nod. "Alright then."

Li placed his bags in a chair. "Let's wait for Allen to fetch us."

Yoshi rolled his eyes. "Li, you're such a goody goody two shoes. It's annoying as hell."

Li flinched. "I'm sorry. It's my role as a butler to be strict."

"Yet you never have fun," Yoshi insisted.

"And you are never taken seriously," Li snaps.

Yoshi shrugs and walks to the window. Li lowers his head and walks by the door. "Yoshi, apologize," you insist. "That was rather cruel."

Yoshi ignored you. A knock on the door snapped you out of your thoughts. Li puts on a neutral face and opens it. Allen stood there. "You have been summoned."

You turn to Yoshi. "Yoshi."

Yoshi was leaning towards the window, pressed up against it. You walk over, and see where his gaze is. You scowl and walk off. "Welp, Yoshi won't be joining us," you whisper to Li as you follow Allen.

"Why?"

"He found a pretty girl."

Li groaned. "Not again...."

"Unfortunately so."

Allen opens the door, and the two of you begin to enter. Li trips, and you try not to laugh. "Honestly Li, you had one job."

Li ignored you. His eyes were wide in shock, as if he saw a ghost.

You follow his gaze, and your heart stops.

Riliane was talking to Elluki Clockworker.

Your ex crush from your teenage years.

Li shouts for you to come back, but you bolt. You start running until you lose your balance and fall forward.

A woman in red catches you and helps you up. "Are you alright?"

"No," you reply as you look up to see a brown haired and brown eyed woman stare back at you. You blinked. She looked familiar....

"Empress Y/N... What are you doing here?"

"Avoiding Elluki," you explain. "I don't want to talk to him right now."

"I thought I was more approachable than that," a voice behind you lamented.

You freeze and turn slowly. Elluki is leaning against one of the pillars, smiling fondly.

"Hello Princess Y/N."

Reina: I'm messing with Story of Evil immensely... Also, I don't know where Michaela and Gumill/Gumillio are.

Okay, so Elluki remembers meeting you at this point, but he doesn't know you're an empress. The Enpress has a crush on Elluki, but it's not love yet. Elluki is interested in the reader, but conflicted on his feelings at the moment.

Also, I don't know how closely related Germaine is to the Beelzenian royal family, so it's open-ended.

Also, the scene where Li accuses Yoshi of being violent was initially different. Li asks where he isn't violent, and Yoshi makes some innuendos, which either annoy or fluster Li (he's a bit uptight). It didn't seem right, so it was edited.

Should I explore Li and Yoshi's relationship with each other, as Li wants to throttle Yoshi occasionally And Yoshi views Li as a rival, or should I explore their viewpoints on the story?